New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

initial update all went OK - fast update, no restarts as of yet! however I’ve noticed as of today that anything playing via Tidal seems to have no track information present - this is also true in the app, apart from the app has the album artwork (the Uniti Atom’s display does not - just has an icon placeholder).

edit: bizarrely it works in the /webclient/ endpoint in a Chrome browser

Well, I did it. Last night I ran the update on my Uniti Atom without any issues or surprises. I was somewhat hesitant because I’ve had virtually no issues since buying my Atom in September and didn’t want to introduce unforseen bugs. I have been very impressed with the stability and consistency of the Uniti streamer compared to my SimAudio Moon MiND. The Atom lets me listen to music much more without having to think about connectivity issues. Simaudio has released some new firmware and hardware improvements recently. I have benefited from the MiND firmware update and it is more useable, but I still prefer my Naim. The Naim app is far superior to that from SimAudio, however yesterday I noticed I can now access “My Mixes” in Tidal now with the Moon. I don’t see that in Tidal via the Naim app.

As far as any change in sound, I don’t know. Since buying the Atom, I’ve always been impressed with everything about how it sounds. I’ve stopped listening to hardware and listen to (much more) music.

5 Likes

Hi FR, unfortunately the behaviour is persistent after a factory reset (as expected but tried it anyway ). did not have to change sources on the tv to reproduce it, just stepping through the menu of the media hub and generating some remote traffic seems to reproduce it). Switching nova inputs/sources restores the connectivity. I’ll send an observation to the support team. This was the first factory reset after purchasing my nova which worked and works fine (except for the occasional freeze in the previous version, never experienced a random reboot) and … it seems like there’s some improvement in SQ as @Meni mentioned :+1: .

Sorry to hear it doesn’t work…Naim support seems to be the only solution, albeit some tekies here could find what to do.

1 Like

Have you fully rebooted your TV, too?

Yes, after your first post. Workaround is using the QLED’s audio like most people do :slight_smile:

1 Like

24 hrs in with the fw upgrade and I’m thinking it may sound better… could still be expectation bias.
Still, sounding real nice
David

2 Likes

The HDMI handshake between the Atom and my LG TV is definitely not working as it was before the update. The sound connects, but I have no volume control from tv remote. I can get this to work by cycling power but it used to work from standby every time without fail. Now it definitely does not.

Mark, could you contact Naim support on this. Thanks.

1 Like

hi Clare, the volume isn’t showing on my Atom screen just now. All had been good since the update, When I adjust on the remote the light on the Unit’s dial is activated, but no digits on the screen. Has me wondering if I turned off the readout somehow?

I’ve had a similar issue once before with my Nova and I’m pretty sure this happened after a power outage. A restart sorted it.

1 Like

I’ll try…uh…again with a stupid question…is a re-start hitting the power on the remote or unplugging?

Hmm. Did both. Also deleted and re-installed the app. But still no volume readout.

Funnily enough , during prolonged listening on my Nd5xs2,yesterday afternoon to my usual tracks, I also perceived what you describe as a grainy effect on some vocals and even cymbals in their upper frequency ranges. It’s very slight but just enough to be at times noticeable.
Like yourself ,I seem to be adjusting to the change now.

1 Like

Since the firmware update, track radio is no longer working on my atom. I click it but no response. Has anyone else experienced this?

The unplugging should have done it!
I’ve actually done a factory reset as a matter of course after the firmware update.

I have done that with the firmware update the other day. Just tonight this started. It had a “blip.” I was listening with the app open on my iPad Pro and swiped up to switch apps. When I did that the song stopped and the screen changed to the Naim logo. I went to my music as always when starting and all was cool. aside from the volume readout.

Might be worth reporting this to Naim support as firmware updates always need refining.

1 Like

Where does one report such? Go through the support pages to Uniti support and fill out the…

support@naim.com I think. There is a link at the bottom of the page.