New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

Awesome, that’s done the trick. Thanks!

something strange happened during the upgrading of my ND5 XS2. I launched it and the first message was: “room not found”. I retried three or four times and at the very end, as suggested, I swiched off the extender, the iPhone and the ND5 XS2, too.
when I turned everything on, the power button of ND5 X2 started pulsing, then it rebooted.
thus I started the Naim App, I cheched the firmware status and I found it was upgrade!

basically, the upgrading succeded but I didn’t realize it! :laughing:

rgds,
Stefano

That is correct, because as soon as you start the update, it disconnects from the network (hence the message) and starts the update, so you just leave it, make a cup of tea and come back

1 Like

should have known before! :blush:

once stated the mentioned error message, the App also suggested the “Retry” option; so I did it at least twice before switching everything off.

anyway, the upgrading succeded and that’s what counts!

regards,
Stefano

Yes, thanks for your comment, deleting and reinstalling the Naim App sorted it out for me too. @Naim.Marketing thank you, you’ve suggested this solution first.

1 Like

Hi no the qobuz favourites hav gone as well. Hopefully will re appear once i figure 9ut how to log on!

Thats worked in the past, so i tried last night will give it another go today thanks

Interesting I wander if there is a limit on the number of devices that can be logged in. I also listen to qobus through my phone.

Yes, there is a limit to Qobuz logins (unless you’re on their Family scheme - that supports up to six)

From the Qobuz FAQ;

According to our terms and conditions, the subscription to a Qobuz account is personal. The subscription is subscribed to completely equally. This is a limitation that is fixed contractually by our record companies. Our system therefore allows the use of Premium and higher subscriptions on 3 different computers or mobile “devices”. Note that the “multi-room” solutions of the Sonos type are considered mobile “devices”. The use of 3 different “devices” is nevertheless limited at any one time. A message informs you if a new listening connection is made at the same time as yours. Sonos is registered as one device.

It was probably in anticipation of having to play that gawdawful last movement. :wink: A shame it cut you off so early though. The first 3 movements are wonderful. It should have waited until they had finished.

1 Like

Too bad

Thats clear thanks

Thanks Clare

1 Like

Took your advice it worked thanks

1 Like

updated NDX2 Firmware…went fairly easily and quickly. Have checked/listened all systems interconnects from NAC 252 PreAmp and sources from CORE to Tidal to Radio…all functioning as before. Transition between sources smooth and quick. Only SQ difference I can detect is a slight boost in volume at previously lower attenuations. Also, streaming sources appear to have a touch more sound clarity…probably psychological :wink:
A few support notes: NDX2 wired directly into home ethernet network. 1 gig fiber coming into home. Naim app resides on a 3 year old dedicated Apple iPad mini with latest iOS
Cheers!..keep these enhancements coming Naim. Need a lot more functional capability with the Naim app for creating playlists, sorting and selections

2 Likes

I’ve just done including “reset all setting” in “factory setting” menu, but my screen freeze issue haven’t been fixed :cry:

I recorded a clip of my ndx2’s issue, could i send it to Naim support?

Yes please - the more information they have, the quicker they can diagnose issues and we can work on fixes. Email support@naimaudio.com, please, and let’s get this sorted.

I’ve sent the clip to support team email. Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

1 Like

When you get a support ticket number, could you let me know and I’ll make sure it’s expedited. Thanks.

2 Likes