New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

I think that the IOS is taking any opportunity to check out your permission, but not just swamping you by asking permission for all already installed apps one after the other.

For example on my old iPhone I was checking the app and IOS 14.4.1 before I did that update on my current iPhone. I updated the beta app on the old iPhone and immediately got a dialogue box asking me to review location data permissions for that app.

Best

David

Yes i’ve done the same as yourself, left things overnight and reset everything. All good now. I feel sure the cup of tea has done the trick, which i feel is very often a considerably important part of the process and should also be in the manual :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ve reported this to the software team via the beta group so they can take a look.

1 Like

My Atom successfully (after a few tries) updated. I left it unplugged for a timed 6 minutes. I also deleted/ reinstalled the app. Didn’t reboot.

1 Like

Many thanks HH

I’m thinking of not attempting update as well, Project-G, it’s very tempting but I’m going to leave well alone. I think I’d find it too stressy! I love my Atom, but I just want to enjoy it, life’s too short etc etc…

1 Like

Just experienced my first hard crash after the firmware update. After finishing the 1st movement of Beethoven’s Ninth, my Atom crashed and rebooted itself. No idea what happened.

It would be worth perhaps disconnecting the power and forcing a reboot to see if it helps.

1 Like

Will observe to see if it happens frequently or whether the crash was just a “random” issue. But appreciate the suggestion and will give it a try if the crash occurs again.

1 Like

Following the FW update yesterday , and reading other posts. I powered the NDX2 down last nite and left it unplugged for a good nights sleep.
Powered up this a.m., all seems well…to my lugs there is a little more bass and more overall volume…I usually have either RP or NME2 playing all day at low volume, with the pre-amp volume set pretty low.
This a.m. I had to turn the volume down a tad, so the dial is now hardly up from the start point.
Thus getting more of the ‘benefit’ of the infamous Alps pot channel imbalance at low volumes :frowning:
Overall I am still liking the sound, and enjoying the music. :smile:

Yes, it did ask…I have an iPad Pro. This morning the Atom sounds great, screen working perfectly. Mine hasn’t crashed (knock on…) but the screen had been malfunctioning as noted. This all gave me a good excuse to move up to a Nova :grin: which is still on order.

Hi All i updated mu NDX5 XS2 last night. And i cant log into Qobuz any longer! I can on my pc so i know the password is correct but it keeps telling me tgere is sn error

Can you go to your library and open a Qobuz song? -through the Naim app…

Thanks, I see it now…a few options in terms of operating systems,…haven’t ‘burnt’ a CD for many years…think I still have a suitable ‘writer’, however no blank CD’s (not difficult to get).
I do like the idea of just shoving in the official Naim CD and ‘job done’…after some ‘interesting’ experiences with the UServe (and Phil Harris) in previous years will prob wait for the Naim CD.
Do appreciate your help and interest…

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the naim app

My Atom is stuck at “Downloading firmware”. It’s been at this step for at least 30 minutes and the progress bar hasn’t even started. Any ideas? If I disconnect the power and restart will it cause any issues? Thanks, Toby

I had the same problem with my Uniti Atom. Firmware upgrade fine, but the app no longer able to find the “Room”. Connectivity was fine on the Atom with the same iphone being able to see Spotify connect, AirPlay and Chromecast OK.

IOS 14.4.1, Naim App 5.20

Power cycling both devices made no difference.

However, deleting and reinstalling the Naim App sorted it. I suspect there was something cached about the device which firmware has changed/didn’t like any more as deleting the app also deletes any cached data.

2 Likes

Seems odd that Naim wouldn’t make it available as a download for those who can/want to make a CD up

Certainly less faff and if something goes wrong, it’s easier if you followed the official Naim support recommendation. I just thought in case you are impatient :slight_smile:

Hi Spb
I’ve experienced the same issue twice in the last 10 days. I logged it with Qobuz and their response asked me to try again. On both occasions it worked the next day and has been okay since.

Regards
John