New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

Hi Suedkiez, so the app version is 2.22.0 and system version is 1.5.7490 (a bit outdated I guess…)
The arrow never appeared, nor in the Uniti screen, nor in the app.
I will try to reset both Atom and app, and plug the unit with ethernet cable.

Wow that’s old :grimacing: Resetting and ethernet is surely a good idea, although wifi should work if it can stream music. Let us know the result, good luck

It didn’t work either via ethernet, after reseting both the unit and the app…
The app is looking for an update, then goes back in the previous menu.
When trying a firmware update using the remote, the uniti screen displays :

• a first screen “Firmware update - Initialising”
  • then “Firmware update - Checking for new firmware”
  • then another screen : “No response from update server. Chromecast will be disabled. To enable Chromecast please go back and try the firmware update again or try to install the latest update via the settings menu”

Kind of lost right now…
Thanks in advance with any help.

Just to check… Have you done a full system reset/power cycle on your Atom, rather than just switching on/off again?

In the app with the unity as selected room go to settings check for updates, and see if this works better. You should probably reboot everything router and streamer before trying this.

You should do a full power off (long push of the power button until it goes off), then reboot and try again.

If that doesn’t work, do a full power off and unplug and do the same with your router. Wait several minutes and drink tea, then only reboot the router, once the router is fully running correctly, then reboot the Nova and try again.

If that doesn’t work, do a factory reset from the Atom on screen menu.

Good luck and enjoy the tea.

Yes I did a full system reset/power cycle (pressing both buttons on the front panel while plugging power chord), I also did a factory reset using the remote controller via the menu…
Both unit and router have been switched off and unplugged many times before.

To Claus : Using the app, firmware update never worked… It’s just checking new firmware avalability, then moving from the previous screen (with no further informations whatsoever)

Thanks for confirming. I think you should talk to our support team - please reference this Forum thread when you do. support@naimaudio.com, or call them on +44 (0) 1722 443405

Yes, I just sent an email to support@naimaudio.com and uniti-support@naimaudio.com .
I hope they well find a solution.
Thanks to Clare and others for your help

2 Likes

Did you get it 2nd hand?
A new unit from 2020 should not be that outdated…
…maybe the SW being so old might actually be a reason, why update is not working. (If update mechanism, servers, certificates or something was changed in the mean time.)

Nope, I bought it brand new on a french website ( iacono ), as I live in France.
Everything looked new at the time when I unboxed the unit (films, protections, stickers)

@Naim.Marketing just checking: Is uniti-support@naimaudio.com still working or should it also be deleted like the special muso- address recently?
@Grenoblours where did you find this address?

It should be redirected to the main Support address - but yes, it’s one of the legacy addresses.

2 Likes

Uniti Atom Support | Naim Audio => Contact Information
" Contact email address

Aha, just checked: according to serial number, it was manufactured in 2017.

(So maybe it lay around for a long time somewhere …)

I was asking, because I got an Atom in 2018, and it was surely already on 2.x at the time.

1 Like

Ah thanks, I did check this list, but in the french version of the page, the list ends at the beginning of year 2017.

So I guess I bought one of the first units manufactured… though, the product was sold as a new unit.
It was the last unit on sale, the non-HDMI version by the way, so back then I thought it was the reason of the discount price…
I’ll get in touch with the dealer and french distributor (Focal)

2 Likes

If it was never sold/used, it’s “new from factory”, correct. :wink:
(Just not new as in “brand new”.)

Yes, also the German page was not up to date; so I checked the English one.

Yes, new from factory ! Pardon my English :slightly_smiling_face:

No problem. Wasn’t much about language; more an observation that also a term like “new” can be seen from different perspectives. :wink:

1 Like

Hi, good news, support helped me and I was able to update the unit to fw 3.6.1.5141.
As PhilippVH guessed, my firmware was too old to support OTA fw upgrade; Naim support sent me a fw file to load from computer via the unit through ethernet, if it can help other owners stuck with an older firmware.

However, I thought it would be possible to select Qobuz or Tidal as a source from the unit screen using the remote control, but I couldn’t. Is it possible, or only these sources can be selected via the app ?

Thanks

4 Likes