New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

Thanks! And to clarify, I meant the reboots being a rare phenomenon in terms of the number of users reporting the issue, rather than the number of reboots that those affected may have experienced.

Greatly expanding the Beta Group allowed the issue to be examined more closely when it did occur.

3 Likes

I have the special cable. I also need to connect via an RS232, if I remember well.

It’s just that it is bit of a pain to set the things up and remember how it works.

Well; i’ve just done this latest update and what do you know, my NDX 2 is now, for the very first time since i purchased it in June last year, is now doing random reboots. You could not make this stuff up! It’s comical.

Do a factory reset, maybe…

It could be the update process was interrupted - I would also suggest a full reset

2 Likes

1 Like

Is this just a case of turning everything off and then back on again, if so, that’s what i’ve done.

Yes you will need to update the DTC too. The new version for that is also on the disc.

1 Like

See the above Suedkiez post. It’s not a restart.

1 Like
    1. When turning on the NDX 2 power supply, hold down the Play and Inputselection buttons of the NDX 2, until the front panel display of the NDX 2 turns on, then release.

Warning: This will reset the music database and will delete all favourites and playlists. However it will not delete the music on your music stores.

1 Like

Ok great. Thank you. I will try this.

2 Likes

Good luck! Very annoying indeed, I hope it goes away!

Five minutes fixed staring at the screen willing it on definitely helps.

NDX2 all updated seamlessly.

Remember how we used to do this!

G

Thanks here for the tip. I have followed the great advice here. See what happens. Never been a problem before. Hopefully all is well. My NDX 2 or ND5 XS 2 before it has never had a random reboot or screen lock issue. As for the sound quality, it’s exactly the same, which is good. :slightly_smiling_face:

The new firmware update seems generally to be going well, but just in case anyone is having problems with their ND 555, I discovered a while back that there’s a difference between the so called “Factory Reset”, mentioned in the supplied Quick Start Guide, using the front screen and the remote, and the procedure I found on the website.

Here’s a link :

Hopefully, the updates will continue smoothly for everyone, and this won’t be needed.

1 Like

Hi, hdmi issue on my uniti star is fixed. SQ also improved. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Well I just had a spontaneous reboot after a bout of stuttering playing a playlist from Qobuz! Marvellous! Ironically I hadn’t had one in a good while on the previous fw

1 Like

Thanks, appreciated. Will likely be May/June before I see the CD :frowning:

Updated my Star earlier which went smoothly I thought. Continued to listen to the radio which was fine. Then went to play a ripped CD and nothing found on the local server (SD card plugged into Star) Turned Star on and off and closed and reopened the Ipad app, still nothing there. Unplugged Star, waited and turned it back on, ripped CDs back. I do not recall having to do this on previous updates. Seems to be functioning normally now.

Have you done the ‘reset’? Mine did the same as yours, it was perfectly fine before, seems ok now though…