New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

The German Naim-Focal distributor, MusicLine, has 1.7c for download on the website. But the website and instructions are in German

1 Like

Thanks, I did download from there last week…I thought it was only the latest Desktop Client, however will re-check…may have missed it.

My NDX2 was new in Dec 2020.
I’ve had a few instances of the screen freezing - cured by a reboot every time - more of an inconvenience than an annoyance TBH.
Seamless update today in about 10 minutes.
Thank you to the Naim team for what must seem to be at times a thankless task.
Loving the music, which is surely what it’s all about…
All the best

2 Likes

I believe this is what you need? (Not linking because I am not entirely sure it is ok)

Musikserver (vor 2016)

HDX, HDX-SSD, UnitiServe, UnitiServe-SSD

Firmware-Update, *Version 1.7c, Stand Mai 2019
Achtung: Auf dem Musikserver muss Firmware-Version 1.7a installiert sein!

(You must first ensure that 1.7a is installed before installing 1.7c)

1 Like

I did a full power down but not a factory reset, my isp seems a bit slow tonight so might be related, back up and running now

Oh that’s good. It does kind of feel, for me at least, that submitting to the update was trying to fix something that wasn’t broke, and then it breaks. You have to laugh. Hopefully all is well now. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

update to IOS 14.4.1 and then updates the Star to 3.6.0 As with other comments the only problem was with the app finding the room. Rebooted the router and also switched the Star off at the mains, waited a few minutes and restarted. Took a minute or two for the app to find the room again but got there in the end.

Why don’t Naim make this an ISO available to download or is it not a standard CD structure?

Perfect timing. Just had my first reboot tonight so looks like a firmware update to 3.6.0 for me tomorrow :+1:

It is standard but the installation can get bogged down and Naim decided to keep control of things by dishing out the CDs. Also during beta testing it turned out quite a few beta testers no longer had the capability to burn a CD.

But it all worked for me from the download file with no problem as it happened.

Best

David

Hope to god this fixes the screen freezing and/or not showing anything on it issue like the bug list alludes to.

it seems to be really fixed! :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3:

ND555 update went smoothly although I did have to delete and reinstall the Naim app on my IPad in order for it to find the ND.

something sounds different. Its not as warm or smooth, sounds quite…wooden id say. Bass seems to be more pronounced but almost artificial at the expense of some of the clearness and clarity of guitars. Volume is definitely different too, i normally have it around 47/48 but thats sounding far too loud at the level now. Ive lowered it to 38-40.

Update went very well on my Atom, now wait and see if the artwork isn’t freezing anymore. Thanks for the update though.

It’s nowhere near as good. To me it sounds like the levels are too high, like on a cassette deck, almost distorting to a degree. Rough.

Interested to hear more about the sound…, if more see it as not as good as before I will hold of on the installation, any other members with the sound impressions ?

the bass sounds overblown to me now. It was lacking before but not by much. I wonder if Naim have reacted to the many online comments about a lack of bass by over compensating. It sounds like the old days when you cranked up the bass on a graphic equaliser.

Is it in a pattern or just the same time between each flash?

What unit are you using where you are hearing differences?