New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

Wasn’t there previous examples of FW updates where SQ went down in a few occaisions, and was mostly resolved by a power off, unplug, leave 30 mins, then start up?

1 Like

Atom

I have an ATOM and for the record I don’t believe I can hear any significant SQ differences.
If there are differences it is very slight and barely noticeable. Still sounds great.
Sat here now listening to Baba Blues thinking maybe the sound stage sounds deeper but that is most likely in my head!

I really do hope so. Mines unplugged now and resting.
I will restart and leave radio paradise running all night, see if it settles in morning.

Updated: working well with Qobuz hi res. No problems with losing it from Naim app on latest iOS either. Thanks Naim.

ill try that, Been playing for 3 hours or so now songs that i always use to demo equipment. I know these songs very well and i know they are sounding different and over blown.

Ill unplug, leave it overnight and see how it sounds tomorrow

No change in SQ here.

Updated my NDX 2 to the latest release as well as my iPad (5th Generation) to 14.4.1.

I restarted the NDX 2, the iPad and my router at the end of the software installations.

The first album played was the latest Jakob Bro release ‘UMA ELMO’ and it is sounding fantastic.

I will hold off on declaring the sound is better, worse or the same for a couple of days. Right now it sounds fantastic but will want to listen to a number of albums that I am familiar with and give everything a chance to settle in.

Hopefully everyone’s issues are addressed! I am hoping for no more random reboots and time will tell.

2 Likes

Exactly my impression. Initially everything sounded great (on my Nova) - the bass sounded deeper and HF more airy and lively. Then over the period of 2-3 hours, the sound curve started shifting towards reduced bass and increased treble / high midrange (and it remained that way for the rest of the day). At some point I could swear I was hearing distortion from the tweeter. I unplugged the unit and am keeping fingers crossed for a better start tomorrow. Hopefully just the atmospheric pressure playing havoc with ears.

The day after (update) - streaming services sound more airy / open. The bass reduction is still evident when listening via USB. Naim should really implement simple bass + treble controls for Uniti models.

1 Like

I’ve updated my Atom to 3.6.0 (5106) last night and found that it responses to the remote control but doesn’t show its volume level. Have anyone found the same experience?

I’m having the same issue with my Atom - I’ve installed 3.6.0 and the actual volume control is working fine, but volume measurement isn’t showing on the front panel screen display any more??

1 Like

Hello and apologies in advance for this luddite of a question
I’m a newish Uniti Atom owner and a virgin to firmware updates.
Q: How are the updates installed?

It is an “over the air” update. You should see a sort of down arrow on a horizontal underscore icon at the top left of the app screen. This indicates an update is available. Click on that arrow, and you will be prompted to download and automatically install the update. Once that starts, your Atom will disappear from the app (it loses connection while updating). There will be some visible cues on the Atom (screen text, then a reboot logo and progress bar, plus volume segment lights on top volume control, etc). The unit will restart, then reappear in your app… et voila!

Good luck. Stay calm. Be patient. Enjoy your new Atom.

Regards alan

Alan, you’re a star!
thank you so much.
Installed n updated :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Seamless 3.6 FW update for my Uniti Atom. (thanks @alan33)
SQ, Tidal HIFI > Roon, only after and half an hour or so of listening, is sounding warmer…more lush.

Fingers crossed no more screen freezes.

2 Likes

My ndx2 has just updated to 3.6, but the screen is still blank completely. I can’t do factory reset, although holding down the Play and Input selection buttons when power on.
What should i do next? Thank you, Clare!

Yes i too have powered down over night. It could well be the whole system needing a complete reset, go through the whole connection and reset process from scratch, hear what happens. Or it could also just be my imagination, which is more than likely, who knows? Either way the kettle will be on and a nice cup tea will made before sitting down and listening to some fave albums. Good luck with with your experience also. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

It was a very slow flash. The power switch was the only visible sign of life and it was on, then would slowly fade off and on again. Say seven secs on and one second fading off and coming on again. This repeated for half an hour at which point I decided to pull the power lead out. I left it off for ten seconds and then put the power back on. The Nova restarted, showed the updating screen again and it was back to normal.

Best

David

1 Like

My NDX 2 is sounding great while streaming from Spotify. No edgy sound at all which used to be the case before. Very lush and musical.

Good job !!!

Regards,
Sourav

1 Like

What about the forgotten stepchild…the Core? Nothing in the pipeline here?

1 Like