New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

I’d suggest powering right down - unplug and leave for at least 30 minutes. Reboot your router while you wait - never hurts to rule that aspect out. Also delete and reinstall your Naim App. Then when your router is fully up and running, fire up the NDX2, fire up your App and let us know how you get on!

This is a streaming-specific release - plenty of other software updates in pipeline, but this has been priority as it addressed a lot of individual issues

2 Likes

Shall I take the plunge people?

3 Likes

I’m holding off Mike no rush.

2 Likes

Hi Steven, I haven’t read you for a while … And I was thinking who knows why. How are you? Everything good?

1 Like

My NDX2 works fine and perfectly via Roon but the Naim app can’t find it like some either. :pensive:

1 Like

A reminder to Beta testers that discussion of testing details are for the Beta forum only. Thanks.

Have a look at the location setting within the app on your iOS device. Some have found that setting it to enable location while using the app fixes things.

Ditto that experience on my Atom…no issue via Roon but the Naim app was reluctant. Uninstall / install of the Naim app resolved that without incident…

1 Like

I just downloaded the new update, and now the Atom isn’t responding. I tried disconnecting the power, no luck, tried again, and then the pair remote instruction came up. But the remote won’t pair. And the power is flashing. The screen is still on the pair remote page…

Hmm…ok…I tried again…like the 3rd or 4th time…and it seems to be working now…I will mention, the re-set instructions are ambiguous.

The instructions say “press…while powering up…”

does that mean press them when/ while you plug it in? Or does it mean plug it it, and then, as you press the power button to also press the play/pause and input buttons? I did the former and it failed. Then I did both…

As you discovered, it does mean hold the play/pause and input buttons in and then plug the power lead in again.

Best

David

1 Like

Just to add to what HH says, you have to allow the Naim app access to location data because in Apple world location data doesn’t just mean GPS (which the app doesn’t use), it also means permission to search your network for devices, which of course the app does need.

This change happened with IOS13, but it seems to have ramped up with recent IOS 14 firmware updates.

Best

David

@NigelB

Your message, and mine, have been “moderated” :sweat_smile:

Updated the ND555 yesterday evening, and made power off/on cycle early this morning.

I’ll keep an eye on my DHCP logs.

If any reboot occurs, I’ll report here :innocent:

All bets are off :laughing:

Although this latest update went very smoothly on my Nova, I have experienced exactly the same on previous updates. I always found the power lead out and back in method worked.

1 Like

Well, a rest overnight, restart and some hours on RP and the ND5XS2 is sounding nice again, harsh treble and no mids has gone.
Phew.

2 Likes

Update workef seamlessly on my ND5XS2.

Marked improvement in sound quality. I listened to “Rhesus Perplexus”, “Wal to Wal” and “April” from “Product” by Brand X, my go-to music for detecting upgrade improvements in both soft and hard ware.

More rhythmic cohesion and detail across the board.

Love these new iterations. Basically, it’s a free upgrade!

I’m so happy, I think I might have just…

2 Likes

Interestingly, when I checked the settings to answer this, mine was set to ‘never’ and it still works perfectly, even with the very latest Apple iOS update.

1 Like

@Naim.Marketing Hi Clare, could you please advise how to fix this issue? Is it going to be in the next release? Thank you in advance for your support.

Noooooo!