New firmware update

Aaaahhh, OK… maybe the next App update then.

whilst I’m here, I have just gone to one of my Qobuz playlists in the Naim App and chose the “add to presets” option, but the playlist does not appear in my presets on the home page. Also presets are not evident on my Atom home screen. Clearly I am missing something obvious… I have the latest Naim App on my iphone and ipad.

Any thoughts most welcome!

Mark

Edit: The above issue was on the iPad (Air 2). A reboot of the iPad seems to have solved it. iPhone (XS) worked straight away. All seems OK now :+1:t2:

1 Like

Screen freeze should be fixed, yay! No mention of the phantom mute though, let’s hope that is fixed too.

The same thing with the NDX2: I have just gone to various of my Tidal playlists in the Naim App and chose the “add to presets” option, the playlists do appear in my presets on the home page and also as presets on my NDX2 favorites home screen; but after a few seconds, all Tidal playlists disappear from both my presets on the App home page and my NDX2 favorites home screen.

I tried NDX2 restart, unplugg and restart, just like with the App and also the Android pad, but no any success…

Any idea about this…? Does it happen to someone else or is it just me…?

1 Like

just updating my atom,got error code 320,any ideas?

@Richard.Dane is there any official info on how this release along with the previous app update is meant to behave? I find it all very illogical and frustrating but maybe I’m being a bit dumb

Hollow, I’ve posted the info I’ve got from Naim, here:

1 Like

It seems that some things do not finish working properly, especially the main novelty, which I personally was looking forward to…

Sorry newcomer, I can’t help with your issue. If nobody else has any ideas then probably best contact Naim tech support.

1 Like

@Richard.Dane, please, is ‘support@naimaudio.com’ their mail adress…?

I got the same error code on my Nova. Unplugging and the reconnecting allowed the update to complete. Hope this works for you too.

Hi yes I have just done the same,seems to be okay,cheers.

No one mentioning if this sight is a keeper or not…please let me switch between views. It’s the small things xximage

Sorry came out very blurry, I’m referring to the Naim mark on the update screen…can I keep that on

Contact Information

For help with all Naim product installation and operation please use the following details:

support@naimaudio.com
T: +44 (0) 1722 443405

Hours of service are Mon-Fri 9:30am-5:30pm GMT/BST

Was this a hint Richard…or referring to previous x

I posted on another thread over the weekend advising someone to wait for the new firmware in connection with their screen freezes with a Nova.

As a Beta tester I felt a bit frustrated not being able to say that the screen freeze problem appears to be 100% fixed.

I have been using the current Betas for 3 months now & am delighted to say that I have had no screen problems whatsoever. These had plagued me since my purchase of a Nova in May 2019 &, occurring in one form or another every three or four days, & were beginning to spoil my enjoyment of what was otherwise a fantastic product.

I therefore hope this firmware upgrade brings the same level of satisfaction to non-Beta testers who have suffered screen freeze problems, as it has to me.

As a slight aside, I am 64, got 3 A levels back in the day & owned a successful business employing 23 people for over 20 years prior to retirement. Despite all this I still don’t understand the difference between Presets & Favourites & whether or not I should be at all concerned about this! I note from comments above in this thread that I am not alone here.

Just hope I never feel a real need to use them more than I do at present.

Screen freeze fix is all I needed to keep me happy.

6 Likes

I have the same, however underneath the errorcode 320 message there is a big “OK” button. I don’t know how to remove this (by the way I have a Uniti Atom). Does anybody knows what to do? I have unplugged internet cable and reconnected as mentioned, but no change unfortunately. Not sure I should pull the power cable as well. Ideas?

Album tab is frequently disappearing from my favourites view on NDX2, closing/opening app rectifies. Very annoying that sorting selection by date added etc is not stored and defaults every time you reopen the app. Still no screen improvements either which is disappointing

2 Likes

Sorry not to be clear in my previous message. It was the power cord I pulled, not the Ethernet cable.

1 Like

Thanks! That did work.