New firmware update

Thanks both! Must have updated automatically.

G

It’s a Qobuz linked issue.

Ok, further to my message above, I’ve switched the streamer off for 5 mins then back on, hard reset on the iPad and closed and reopened the Naim app. Logged in and out of Qobuz.
App still crashing.
I’ll have another go tomorrow and if no joy contact Naim.

FYI am using IOS 14.4 on iPad mini. Seems be a Qobuz issue as no crashes with my home network (NAS). Maybe I’m doing something wrong re updating…?

This is in multiple threads. It’s a new Qobuz issue that started at 1500 today. Naim is talking to Qobuz to get it sorted.

Best

David

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for the heads up, missed the other threads.

2 Likes

Android 2.20 version downloaded last night. The app has been stable the whole day today, including Qobuz. Fingers crossed for those having problems!

From the technical team at Qobuz: “There was an issue with our API yesterday and it has now been fixed. There is nothing to change in the Naim App, and we apologise for the inconvenience”.

9 Likes

I’m still getting dropped songs or long pauses this morning using Rune and Qobuz.

To clarify, do you mean Qobuz via Roon, or Roon AND Qobuz?

Hi Clare, I using the Rune app on iOS and streaming through my NDX2. My only streaming service is Qobuz.

Seems ok via Qobuz directly.

I suspect the Qobuz API issue affected many others, not just Naim.

Assuming you’ve rebooted all elements of your system - and the Apps (proper restart, not just closing and reopening)? Worth trying that first, and if you still have issues, contact Roon support

What seems interesting is that Qobuz says it was fixed, but 0.0 is still experiencing an issue via Roon. So possibly still affecting some Naim app users as well (depending on location?) and may be meant as a heads-up by 0.0.

Does this new version of the Naim app download automatically into iPads?
Or does the user have to choose to download it?

This will depend on whether automatic app updates are set to on or off on the iPad. This is an option in the settings, the default is on. https://support.apple.com/HT202180

2 Likes

Thanks Suedkiez, that’s v helpful.

Do you know if there’s a way to check the current FW version of the ND5XS2 on the Naim app without triggering a FW update?

You can visit the IP address of the streamer in your web browser to see the firmware version and date.

Easier to just look in the app on the iPad. Settings > About > System Version

1 Like

If he’s already using his computer to browse the forums, the IP-method might be quicker / easier. :wink: