New firmware update

This is just one of the known bugs :slightly_frowning_face:

I have noticed that Qobuz album track lists load much slower since the update, taking around 5 seconds to show themselves below the album artwork within the Naim app. Has anyone else has this issue?

Just timed it, 23 seconds to see the album track list on Protean Threat by Thee Oh Sees. Considerably longer than usual!

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know why a playlist, created from tracks on my home network (NAS), does not show up on the iPhone Naim app, but does on my iPad Naim app? Playlists created with Qobuz as a source of tracks appear as normal on both devices. Software updates same on both devices IOS 14.4.
Any suggestions?

The upnp playlist is stored in the app on the device on which it was created, whereas presumably the Qobuz playlist is stored on the streamer or on the Qobuz server.

2 Likes

What HH said. To transfer a playlist:

1 Like

week after week,
month after month,
time goes by…

@Naim.Marketing may I ask politely, does the long wait mean the AirPlay 2 connection bug - I’ve reported a month ago - has been fixed with the new firmware or do I have to wait for another indefinite period?

1 Like

Yes, there are 3 specific AirPlay 2 bug fixes in the next release, as well as a range of other improvements. Just waiting on sonic sign-off and it’ll be with you.

2 Likes

The Hedgehog?

8 Likes

You probably know, but the sound tweaking

:rofl:

Key member of the team :joy:

2 Likes

dear Clare, I’m currently facing this problem with my ND5 XS2: Qobuz only playing one song at a time via naim app.

I know a forumer faced the same issue and it was solved by a beta fix. I contacted beta team but they answered me they didn’t require any further candidate to verify the beta fix; so they addressd me to Naim Tech Support.

I received good assistance from Naim Support. they made a remote network scan and found two critical points that I also by-passed, but nothing changed.

finally they came to the conclusion that firmware upgrade could be the solution (and I hope so!).

for instance, no problem playing Tidal via Naim app.

regards,
Stefano

Yes, there are some Qobuz playback issue fixes in the new firmware release. Will share the full rundown once the release is ready to go.

3 Likes

Don’t suppose the screen functionality has been improved by any chance? I live in hope!

There are several Display tweaks, yes. Again, full list to follow.

3 Likes

Oooh exciting!

Hello Clare, Is it any news about the release of the new firmware? Kindly Regards Ulf E

I’m due an update on the release ETA later today - will share as soon as I have news.

10 Likes

Can I start breathing again yet? :wink: