New firmware update

I agree with @nbpf . There may be reliability issues (I though have not faced really that much in last 3-4 months) but in my opinion they are irritating but not something you cannot live with till Naim gives solution.

In my experience it is a great Streaming platform - very flexible with support for almost all kinds of network music services. You will start spending more time in listening music once u get it (that is the down side - ha ha ha).

Other similar platform from other brands also have various reliability issues. I have tested dCS mossaic. Check out dCS site. Check P S Audio side on the issues in their Bridge 2. With this type of complex problems having some issue because of network/wi-fi etc is common.

So @igahman best thing would be u try out in your home setup and then decide. I tried it out for almost 1 month before I decided to buy.

Regards,
Sourav

2 Likes

@Naim.Marketing how is Sonic the Hedgehog doing with the soundcheck? :wink:

3 Likes

Very well. Check back in a couple of hours and there may well be some definitive news!

9 Likes

Stand by your Apps, everyone… news incoming in the next hour.

8 Likes

Available here now, think I’ll wait a bit!

Here we go !

:volcano: while I’m usually pretty quick to install updates, I think I’ll wait a day or two this time. Everything seems to be working OK for me as it is so no rush.

1 Like

I’m taking one for the team. Updating my Nova as we speak. The progress bar at the bottom of the screen moving swiftly.

The initial software download was quick. A few soft restarts later and then finally a hard restart (relay click + a soft thud from my speakers) the unit came back to life. Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify and HDMI inputs all work fine. Very smooth ride so far! Fingers crossed this release helps all those that previously had problems with their units!

1 Like

I’m now running the new firmware. Other than the green smoke emerging from the USB port, everything is absolutely fine.

5 Likes

Glad the smoke’s on-brand colour :wink:

4 Likes

Taking the plunge now on a ND555. Fingers crossed for all SQ matters.

2 Likes

Do we have to go through 3.5.1 first? I’m still on 3.4.

Fine to go straight to 3.6, I am told.

I’ve also been running it for a few weeks with no issues.

1 Like

All good here, not hearing any sonic differences, maybe a slightly deeper bottom end if anything. Great the bugs are sorted but disappointed no screen option updates after the long wait.

1 Like

@Naim.Marketing I’m now running the new firmware on my Nova too. Sadly I cannot connect to my Nova with the Naim App anymore. Does anyone else has the same problem? I’ve already rebooted my Nova and my iPhone twice. Everything is on the lastest software/firmware release.

I’d suggest deleting and reinstalling the App. My Nova just updated fine to the new release (as did my ND555); both visible fine on iPhone.

I suggest restart your router and then restart your Nova and app once again. By restart the Nova I mean a full power-off restart, not just putting it into network sleep with a short press of the front panel power button.
Best

David

New Firmware release details can be read here:

I’m going to close this thread now, so a new one can be started for the new Fw.

New thread can be found here;

5 Likes