New firmware update

My local streaming and Tidal works fine, it’s the UI that had changed and introduced strange behaviour - for me at least.

1 Like

Mike , You should join! Reading your comments and your descriptions regarding SQ ‘differences’ you will be a verry appreciated beta tester IMHO.
Lets go😀

1 Like

A really good update. The preset feature is brilliant. Being able to use system remote or main controls to access favorite high res download without using phone or tablet makes life a lot easier. Also app crashes when streaming Qobuz seem to have stopped.

3 Likes

Thanks. I sent an email yesterday…

OK my tuppence worth. I have three devices with different versions of Android on them.
Update seemed to go smoothly but
The Naim app on an older device does not work at all (does not respond) now but BubbleUPNP works fine on this device.
The Naim app on Chromebook works and the Beta version works on Android 10 but see below:
Qobuz not working at all on any of the devices - asks for login details but does not accept them. I know the credentials I am using are correct. Does not work with Bubble UPNP either.
I cannot see anyone else raising this Qobuz problem I have but I might have missed it.

I have fed this through to Naim.

I have no comment on SQ or new features as yet. I would like to see more information on the new features or the app itself through the app. If I select support I cannot see anything which helps with understanding/using the app. In sharp contrast to BubbleUPNP.

I am now going down the route of powering down etc etc.

Well things have detoriated today. Now getting distortion whilst playing anything back. Started to notice it during a movie, just put some music on as its continuing Not a happy camper.

I had no problems with the update, until now. My ND555 just shut down and rebooted itself. Not a power issue as everything else was fine. Strange. Maybe it just doesn’t like Harry Nilsson streamed from Qobuz? After rebooting I am force feeding it Qobuz’ s version of Knnillsson at 96/24. So far it’s okay, the playback I mean, the album is a bit uneven.

That’s what mines done twice out of the blue.

Hi @CrystalGipsy

Sounds like things are really not working out there. Could you email me on steve.harris(at)naimaudio.com and propose we get your unit back on v3.4 and then lets diagnose what is going on.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio. Ltd.

7 Likes

I know I’ve moaned about older firmware updates and sound quality, but I think everyone really needs to appreciate that any adverse experiences are not planned or expected.

Where else and from whom would we get such direct responses from people like Steve at Naim.

Problems induced by new firmware cannot be cured overnight and they are battling against everyone with different system setups with digital era products that simply didn’t exist when we were primarily anolgue or CD users.

2 Likes

Thanks Steve will do that now.

1 Like

Ok sent you a mail and a list of everything that’s happend, happening

I did the update to my NDX 2 on day one the firmware was available. Everything was working fine. Today internet radio is not working. It might not be the firmware though.

iRadio (vtuner) is down in UK, so fear not, the NDX2 is OK

1 Like

@Stevesky i have another problem now I have reverted back. I emailed you with the details and tried to call you.

Thanks

Good to update , but it is a BH weekend after all - I truly hope Steve takes a bit of R&R as most people would at this time.

I am a very fussy person especially with my electronics. That said I am incredibly happy with my Uniti Atom. It is not perfect but close. Also I commend Naim for reaching to improve the App and FW with new releases.
Like others I have had an issue or to but have been able to resolve thanks to the excellent Naim forum which is a great asset.

I get frustrated too but I am a happy Naim customer.

3 Likes

You’re right Mike, Vtuner is back up now. It had nothing to do with the firmware.

Thanks to @Stevesky for helping me out on a Sunday evening, very impressed with this service. So I am back on to 3.4 and its working again. We had some fun with it not reverting back properly, something somewhere got its knickers in a twist. Already seems to be an improvement not hearing any distortion or crackling and sounds more balanced. Going to stick with this for a few days to see if the symptoms return to rule out a fault with the unit itself and with all the power cycles, resets the system needs to settle down again. If all ok then will try to update back to 3.5 to see if this issue has been resolved.

5 Likes

Can @Stevesky please clarify the new favourites and presets functionality in terms of local streaming and internet streaming. I am not able to get those features working on local streaming with a Uniti Core on my Nova or NDX2.

For example favourites on the Core can’t be added as presets and the remote home > favourites doesn’t show favourites on the Core, it only shows Tidal favourites.