New firmware update

You can now add a lot (tracks, albums, playlists, etc) to presets and reorder them although I suspect that could rapidly become unwieldy.

Just did a smooth and effortless install on my Atom. Roon is playing again. The app (iOS) seems more responsive in finding the Atom.

The update on my Nova went smoothly.

BUT!
The Nova goes to stand-by every 20 minutes while music is playing from a NAS.

It is programmed to go automatically to stand-by after 20 minutes. But it used to do that only after the music stops.
I noticed this only while playing tracks of 60 minutes.

If I use the app to get the Nova out of the stand-by. It starts to play right where it left off.

Can anyone confirm this or do I need to perform a reset?

Michael,

Installation on my Nova went smoothly for me yesterday.

Turned it on today and it made a short ā€œbzztā€ through the speakers, which itā€™s not done before.

I do wish it had an option to always power on at zero volume.

Edit: It also renamed my unit to include what I believe is my serial number.

1 Like

This is single tracks of 60 minutes (or more) length?

Not sure, I have a track available out of the box, to try this. :wink:
With iRadio thereā€™s no unplanned stand-by for hoursā€¦ maybe a glitch in a rare(ly tested) case?

Mine did that too on my Atom. Sounded as though a millisecond of music was playing. Not good!

1 Like

I have a couple of classical CD rips that are ripped as 1 track instead of multiple. Which I enjoy as background music.

Unplugging the mains and reset the app fixed it for nowā€¦

All good with a five min update to my NDX2.

Anyone else stare at the screen anxiously willing it to complete?

G

3 Likes

Updated OK and everything seems fine. Definitely a bit more responsive and quicker when selecting options. Too early to say if the screen freeze issues are sorted and only time will tell.

NDX2 updated and some brief listening, Qobux 24/192 now fine which is good.
I need to test more but when playing back using Roon iOS app, I donā€™t seem to be able to adjust volume using system automation in the Naim iOS app. If I select something like a radio station in the Naim app all works as expected.
Be curious if others have had any Roon related control/playback issues anyway.
I need to familiarise myself a bit more with what itā€™s doing relative to how it did it all before.

Trouble-free update on ND555, and the app appears to connect quicker than before

ā€œI donā€™t seem to be able to adjust volume using system automation in the Naim iOS app. If I select something like a radio station in the Naim app all works as expected.ā€

Me too but only when playing tracks @192khz.

Not just me then, I found it doing it using Roon, which does everything (arguably better) apart from volume control. I was listening late last night and it kicked in a bit loud and I found myself rummaging around looking for the SN3 IR remote in frustration.
Itā€™s a new behaviour, I think the Naim iOS app gets confused as to what is currently active and is perhaps waiting for something to complete/terminate.
Iā€™m guessing not a lot of focus was placed on Roon interoperability.
What were you listening to and how did you initiate playback when you lost automation control?

I donā€™t use Roon just the Naim app for volume. But I found that when pressing the + & - I have no display of volume on my Atom when playing tracks @ 192khz.
Radio and all other tracks @96khz or below I have volume displayed. I have informed Naim of this.

1 Like

Thanks for clarification, seems itā€™s related to the 192 fix in that case and not Roon specifically.
If you hear anything back from Naim do comment back and add my user so I see it.

Will do! :+1:t3:

1 Like

Of course Iā€™m the one person with problems with the update. Went smooth, new app is much faster on my 555. Only one little problem; no sound. Tried turning everything off, checks outputs, mute, checked inputs on 552ā€“nothing. Great to have a dealer who can help me troubleshoot. Iā€™m sure we will figure it out, any advise would be appreciated.

I assume youā€™ve tried switching between digital and analogue outputs?
Nothing a hard reset canā€™t solve hopefully.
Hope it gets sorted quickly.

The outputs on the settings on the 555 are on ā€œDINā€, is that What you are referring to. Sorry this is not my area of expertise to say the lease.

Nova, Star and Atom all updated no hitches :grin: