New firmware update

I’ve written to Naim, and to my dealer, on the issue, but so far the truth is I’m quite disappointed with the device and with Naim, because I thought that with this update it would finally be possible to play the music that I hear most from the device screen through the remote, but the firmware update does not work fundamentally and in my system it does not serve for anything but to do everything much more complex without solving the most basic.

How is it possible that it works on most systems and in some others it’s giving such problems…?

1 Like

I wonder if a relay has failed, have you any rca to rca leads you can try?

Right now my dealer is trying to earn a living and will get with me after his meeting is over. He is a great guy and I’m sure we will hammer this out. But thanks for the advise and we will give it a try.

I lost sound on one channel due to a relay, no sound would mean a pair of relays, but trying the rca to rca would rule that out, best of luck.

Ouch, that is no fun. Hope you get this resolved quickly!

I have had similar issues in Roon after running an update. There the solution was to log out of TIDAL and to log in again. For some reason it appeared as logged in, but it wasn’t (fully). Maybe something similar solves your issue?

1 Like

I had the same issue. A factory reset resolved it (no idea how).
Best regards
H

I lot all outputs on my ND555 turned out to be a faulty DAC pcb.

Updated my Atom yesterday…

Just wondering about one change I’ve noticed.

My display is set to off during playback. When I adjust the volume using the Naim app, the volume numbers display on the Atom screen, which then shuts off again after a few seconds (even when playing tracks @ 192khz, unlike what some others here have experienced).

However, with the previous firmware, before the screen went to black after displaying any change in volume, it would also show the current track for a few seconds, followed by the album artwork for a few additional seconds (then go to black).

All I get is the volume change now… is this a known change with the new firmware?

(Track info and album artwork is still displayed as usual when the unit is approached and the motion sensor is triggered… or when the display is activated from the remote.)

Oops thats not good

A factory reset did the job. Thanks to Naim support. Be sure and check system automation, lol.

That not the words I used on the day !!

1 Like

Thank you.

It makes a lot of sense, I’m going to try it right away…

Couldn’t make a decision so got the whole range? :wink:

3 Likes

Update went without problems on my Uniti Star.

Qobuz 192kHz issue also solved here.

But just started watching television. Using the ARC. Audio was cutting out every few minutes. Did another power down and restarted the source too and now waiting to see if it is fixed.

…updated a couple of days ago, everything is working as it did before!

I basically grab my iPad touch the Naim app icon then select Qobuz or NAS, then select album or artist, and occasionally search for new artists, and play albums the majority of the time.

1 Like

[quote=“newcomer, post:76, topic:10770, full:true”]

Nooop… No, unfortunately it’s not that, without success at the moment… But thank you very much anyway.

Feels like there is no dis benefit to powering down and doing a full restart after the update. I guess that is what the units do, just without us noticing.
I had to do that with mine at the end, as after 15 mins the light was green, bit the app just kept looking for the unit.
Still can’t see what’s actually new!

:worried:

1 Like

I thought that as well about restarts. Update to v3.4 my CD player would not start up. Contacted the dealer who contacted the importer or Naim, I dunno. Got told that it’s a good idea to power down after updating. So who knows.