New firmware update

Brilliant! Glad you’re enjoying your ND555 again. :smiley:

When you swap back to the 3.5 let us know your feeling about the change in sound.

Have to say that all these issues seem to make a mockery of the concept of UPNP.:crazy_face:

You may not receive an immediate reply as for some this a holiday week and I would imagine that they will want to go through things properly once everybody is together and back in the office. Once they’re ready for a new beta intake I’m sure they’ll be in touch.

1 Like

I wonder about this beta process.
Think it might be better if all beta participants use a descreet private part of the forum.
It appears that although Naim are working hard on beta group testing, can’t help but think they are also washing their dirty linen in.public, which degrades the product

There is a separate room in the forum just for the beta team. It is of course hidden to anybody not in the beta team.

That’s good, and proof it’s hidden. Didn’t realise.

1 Like

OK so I’ve had a quick flip through to see if anybody else has this problem, but so far it appears I’m the only one.

Just for a short while, all the artwork against each of my playlists returned and everything was hunky dory.

Now… when I toggle “Favourites”, each row still displays artwork except for the square on the far right, which just shows a grey background against a double semi-quaver image.

On opening the “Albums” list, I find that some albums are doubled up and others are missing. On examination, my Qobuz account lists remain perfectly fine.

Yes Richard, I’m emailing support about it.

And so it goes on…

Is there ? I’m a beta tester for the app, yet I don’t see this room, is there something I need to do to see it ? It would be nice to not be alone when I see odd or wrong things that I’d like to discuss as well as report. And yes I’ve logged out/in again (and emailed beta@naimaudio - no reply yet)

Sorry to read some are having issues with the latest updates. For the record both my Atom and NDX2 updated without any issues. (Both recent Naim app updates also working fine). And the music keeps on flowing. Very happy. Thanks Naim.

1 Like

I’ve messaged you.

Played my Atom today half way through the first album it appears to have reset its self, everything shut did its thing and popped up again. Seemed a bit strange cause it played all day last week without any problems. It played ok straight after I didn’t lose anything and my setting are still the same. As for the SQ, it did sound pretty good.

1 Like

My NDX2 had been playing fine all week since the update using NAS, Tidal and Qobuz as sources. This morning I was playing from NAS and after 20 minutes or so the playback started to stutter, stopped and the NDX2 rebooted. Now seems to be fine but will monitor and do hard reboot and factory reset if needs be.

I mentioned I had the same issue as @Pete_the_painter and @GrahamInSussex above a few days ago and have not had a problem since. The problem did not occur until after several days after the update. Strange times and I hope it does not happen again…

Could it be a simple reset could solve most of the above :thinking:

When it happened I was also working on project for work and could not go through the recommendation of shutting everything down in system, to the router since I needed to keep my high speed internet connection up.

It is used for more than HiFi streaming!

Since the one time where the system stuttered and within a minute or so went into a reboot on its own I have not had a problem again. If it happens again and I do not need the internet I will shut down and restart everything again.

I have not done a system reset to factory settings either as some have recommended but that may be attempted if the problem raises it head again as well.

A real mystery and hope the engineers get to the bottom of it and a permanent solution is found for this and future updates.

…I do love the music!

2 Likes

I blame Charles Babbage. :grin:

Question: people experiencing reboots: do you keep your systems “always on”?
Seems this is “spreading” now some time after the upgrades?

Yes mines on all the time (in standby), I have noticed that the power button flashes sometimes and it doesn’t alway go into standby. But all good now.

How did you down grade back to 3.4?

Some said we should never have climbed down out of the trees in the first place. Even those with digital watches.

4 Likes