New firmware update

From what I gather, any issues, and I guess the fact that the beta group didn’t experience any of those issues would confirm that it would be a relatively small number. However, any number experiencing such issues is a problem, and Naim are keen to fix.

2 Likes

I have just had an email response from Naim support, they say the change in SQ that I reported after the FW upgrade, and which apparently nobody else reported, is purely coincidental as the FW upgrade shouldn’t change the SQ and that my NDX 2 must have developed a fault at the same time as the upgrade and I should take it to a dealer. Luckily Richard’s suggestion to do a factory reset cured the problem, which to me suggests it was a FW related issue and not a fault as it has been running faultlessly since

I can answer my own question. 3.5.0 is being shipped. So that being the case, it must be ok?
So is the issue with 3.5.0 how it’s loaded? I.e. factory good, via download less so?

Just had my second spontaneous reboot - this time when using Qobuz (it was the Core before). Will report to Naim.

1 Like

Hi Richard the ticket number is 88781, no response since the 4th of September.

Thanks Bert.

I’ve just encountered my fourth random reboot, just 20s into the first track of the day played from my NS01 server. This is disappointing. I’ll have to try a factory reset later today in the method discovered by @dave-marshall.

I have reported this to Naim Support and immediately received an automated reply with another ticket number, which is 1,545 further on from that received for my first reboot reported on 4 September.

That’s quite interesting - assuming the ticket numbering system is linear, that would equate to an average of just over 85 email enquiries a day. I would have thought it would be much higher than that, what with networking queries etc… Back when it was just yours truly and Sheila handling customer service and support, and long before the days of networking, we would, on average, get a similar number of emails.

Good news! I have just received this reply from Flynn Charter to my third report of an uncommanded reboot:

“I have checked with our software team and they are aware of this issue in regards to random rebooting on the 3.5 firmware. This is set to be fixed in the next 3.5.1 firmware update. I cannot give an exact time scale for this, but it should be released over the next couple of weeks.”

5 Likes

Are you able to use you player as a DAC and another source without the rebooting?

It functions perfectly normally at all times except when rebooting.

Just experienced another stuttering episode and reboot on ND555.

I wrote to Naim on Sept 7th and still no reply (apart from automatic reply)

Ticket number is 88920

Are you following the action in the beta group @Clive?

Best

David

I thought I was, David. There’s been some discussion in the New Beta Testers thread, but I wasn’t aware of anything specific to v3.5. I’m certainly looking forward to testing v3.5.1, when it becomes available.

I would go and check the group again Clive…

Best

David

I downloaded mine the day it was released and have not experienced one single problem thus far. Maybe there is something else going on? Might have even of stumped Naim? :man_shrugging:

I’m assuming it’s in how it’s downloaded.

I have the same feeling of a messy bass on my NDX2 after the 3.5 update …

Have you done a factory reset that seems to have cured my SQ issues. Try raising a support case as this shouldn’t happen, it seems I am the only person who had a sq issue, according to Flynn at Naim support, and I was told my NDX 2 must have coincidentally gone faulty at the time of the upgrade and to take it to a dealer.

Is no one else experiencing issues with Chromecast?