New firmware update

There has been an issue with a legacy server at Naim last night, I read in another topic. This server also handled the firmware version check and it is being replaced now. Not sure how long that will take though.

1 Like

Thanks Kryptos and afgverhart.

1 Like

I encountered the same challenge. I now wait for update v3.5.1

Fortunately for me I rarely use Chromecast these days.

The sound quality seems quite interesting after the factory reset. Very spacious though not sure if Iā€™m getting little audible clicks while playing some tracks and also when pausing playback via the app.

Iā€™ve also had several pauses of streaming and skipped sections of songs via Roon - interestingly these seem to coincide with certain actions using my iPhone - several times Iā€™ve picked it up, opened an app (non Naim) and the song pauses or skips (iOS 13).

Thanks Richard, a full factory reset resolved the numerical volume level display issue, but the unit is still struggling to pick up the optical signal after coming back from sleep mode (kHz displayed, but no sound playing).

Bruno, were Tech support not able to help with that?

Unfortunately havenā€™t heard back from them yet.

Whatā€™s your ticket number?

Thatā€™s interesting, except that currently it takes about two weeks to get any but the automated reply and thatā€™s often the first line, have you rebooted etc. Nothing that couldnā€™t have been sent immediately.

That sounds to me like a department thatā€™s overloaded.

Iā€™m assuming that you were handling those 85 a day within a more reasonable time under normal conditions, and not waiting for two weeks to give a standard reply.

My suspicion is still that way too many people have issues with this latest firmware, but unfortunately for Naim, itā€™s not a single one that everyone has. I.e. itā€™s not likely everyone will be helped with the fixes in 3.5.1.

BTW, even though I have multiple issues, I donā€™t suffer the random reboots which are probably by far the most severe reported and must be fixed soon at all costs.

This just popped up new Firmware update. unusual time 11:00 pm I wasnā€™t having none of the issues listed so will hold off for now.

My NDX2 shows 3.5.0 as up to dateā€¦

Anyway, I think this time round, Iā€™ll not update and await feedback from othersā€¦

1 Like

Same with my nd5, perhaps update is only for certain hardware to allow a more controlled release

1 Like

Iā€™m running later on my Atom and have had no issues so hopefully a solution isnā€™t far away.

2 Likes

ā€˜Improvedā€™?

G

Just installed 3.5.1 on my Nova.

I am hoping for the best as the previous firmware was totally useless, not being able to listen to Qobuz without stuttering.

Thereā€™s a new widget that pops up to warn you that the streamer is about to go into reboot modeā€¦ but random reboot speeds have also been optimised.

1 Like

Thanks Mike.

ā€œā€¦but random reboot speeds have also been optimised.ā€œ

Does this mean it will happen less often?

G

Itā€™s there for Novas as well. I am updating as I post this

1 Like

I think Mike is suggesting that the reboot speeds have been optimised for sound qualityā€¦

2 Likes