New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

There’s a teaser!

It often seems forgotten that naim didn’t bring a CD player out until nearly 10 years after the first players went on sale to the general public, and that was only when they were confident they could make one better than anyone else.

With Roy involved, I am sure the same now applies to their first Turntable.

2 Likes

On. Signals dealer/customer Zoom meeting with Jason Gould at Naim, he mentioned 3 products behind him that were covered up. We have had the Atom HE, now the Solstice……one more to go

2 Likes

Tedious question. What’s the power consumption in idle?

We are used to leaving our products on, but this has a powered electromagnet at its core, so are we warming the planet in doing so? …indeed is it a bad idea to leave it powered up?

Feature request, though it might have already been submitted in this fast-growing thread: a button to switch the logo from white to green. :wink:

On a more serious note, it’s a beautiful turntable! Congratulations Naim for this extraordinary new product! I am not “into vinyl” at all, but it’s great I think that Naim invests into this format. And no doubt “trickle down” will soon provide more affordable options for Classic users, including the Supernait 3. Surely, Naim put a phono stage into the Nait for a reason… :wink:

Personally, I just hope the design of the Classic range remains untouched…

1 Like

Yup :+1:t2: ….will land with me mid July

4 Likes

Thanks, Clare :+1:

As noted somewhere above, the power supply (which powers itself, the turntable and the phono stage, on separate windings) goes into a 0.5W power sleep mode for standby

1 Like

Most likely your shiny new manual will tell you :slight_smile: Congrats!

1 Like

Absolutely NOT going to happen

This may be of interest:

This Solstice design has another trick up its aluminium sleeve. It’s also a smart power supply, which can detect the turntable has stopped and go into a 0.5W power sleep mode for standby. A small switched-mode power supply (SMPSU) enables this standby function, which is automatically disengaged when the turntable is in use – when an oversized toroidal transformer takes over power duties.

6 Likes

Super - thanks - I hope the Naim logos remain lit (or dimmed) in standby.

See my 911R analogy Richard - buyers can do with what they like with it and cash in the bank isn’t doing anything at the moment so don’t be at all surprised to see some of these TT’s back on the marketplace at inflated asking prices.

Of course, there’s a simple way around this…

2 Likes

Standby is 0.5W combined for the turntable, phono and PSU. Auto turns off 20 mins after the platter stops spinning. Takes 10 seconds to to stabilise and unmute after pressing the go button!

…There’s also an auto standby override switch

5 Likes

Bet the Naim demo room system sounds amazing with the Solstice. :grinning:

1 Like

Total goosebumps/party time, depending on what you’re playing (sometimes both!)

4 Likes

Fit a 555DR to upgrade it and you’ll pull the middle of the earth out - don’t be tempted! Hopefully Naim will warn owners about this in the manual. :rofl:

1 Like

There are also logo brightness controls on back of phono stage, so you can choose your ideal

1 Like

Muso for Bentley?

1 Like

Can you purchase the Vinyl separately? Or is a special Pressing just for the 500 packages?

Sorry - at present, my Orbe (full double plinth & rectangular ISO-Base), SME V, Lyra Skala, HT Magic Silver Tonearm cable, Bakoon EQA Reference phono stage setup isn’t going anywhere.