New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

I’m in the market for a new turntable. This could have arrived at the perfect time however I’m not buying one without a listen and the 500 might have been snapped before I can arrange that :thinking:

2 Likes

Nice, and I liked the Atom HE concept too - XLR outs and all; maybe the third ‘hidden item’ will be as innovative and interesting re the future for the company; I was going to leave Naim and look for another brand for the next 30ish years.

But today I ordered an ND555 instead.

5 Likes

I wonder how the new phono stage compares with a Superline/Supercap?

1 Like

I believe the SRP is likely to be £16k in the UK, €17k in Europe, and $20k in the US.

3 Likes

And $32k AUD down under it seems.

1 Like

It’s the first Naim phonostage with DR, for starters…

Steve Sells has designed a beautiful product - inside and out

19 Likes

Congratulations! The Solstice looks fabulous and I hope to get to hear one at some point. Superb!

It’s no CD555 though is it? :wink::grinning:

2 Likes

Ha! I’d love one - absolutely! But I’m probably at the back of the queue.

1 Like

Theres a queue already ? Are there any left ? :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve had an LP12 for years, and to be honest I’ve done with the finickityness of it and the annual Linn upgrade jamboree and further milking of their customers.

I’m super excited about this therefore - the idea of a package really works for me. Less kit car.

Obviously I’ve not heard one - but I trust the brand and I love the concept and the style - I’ve ordered one :grinning:

23 Likes

Same for many I suspect. Who among us wants to punt a large sum on a piece of kit without a decent, and ideally home based, demo first? Yet with 500 units only to be shared around the globe, I suspect most if not all of these will be snapped up before the chance arises!

I suspect that a not limited edition Naim TT will follow as a result…

Edit. Apart from Matt!!

5 Likes

Looking forward to seeing a ‘Show Us Your Solstice’ thread opening up !

2 Likes

The back of the ps shows outputs labelled type 1 and type 2, the phonostage is labelled type 1 but the deck connector has type 2 or type 3 next to it. More to come it seems.

3 Likes

Bound to happen - it’s clear this is a “launch edition” and things like the book and the Record have been bundled to make it special.

I’m sure that in 2022 you’ll be able to buy the Aro and the Equinox and the Solstice separately. But for me the appeal is the package - designed to work together as a single cohesive product.

3 Likes

Great looking turntable with a good price point if you consider phono stage etc…

I wish Naim will launch a more economic version with bigger numbers for casual analog lovers like me…

3 Likes

Is there a recommend dome from the ClearAudio range here Clare? …knowing which one fits would be useful.

1 Like

The WHF article mentioned that Clearaudio offer a suitable cover for the Solstice.

“There’s no lid supplied as standard, though Clearaudio does offer dust covers for its own decks that will do the job for the Solstice.”

3 Likes

I’ll check which of their acrylic covers is the best fit… they have a wide range!

3 Likes

Thanks - they have a huge range of them it seems - so it’s which one fits!