New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

12 euros on Amazon. And you can drill so much more holes

7 Likes

I’ve found the link that @Naim.Marketing referred to (wasn’t hard!) and this looks to have suitable dimensions at:

External - 475 x 400 x 225 mm

Internal - 465 x 390 x 220 mm

…looks well made and has cutaways each side to lift it. However I’m thinking the cable cutaway at the back that Clare referred to is actually a problem for Naim Fraim users….

…as we need the rear centre point to be able to stand on the Fraim rear leg.

So I think the search goes on, but the dimensions you’ve provided are super useful thankyou.

So is your accountant. :grin:

2 Likes

Looks Amazing Bart! …now we are seeing some “real world” pictures I’m loving the looks even more!

I’ve got all Black Fraim too - and can’t wait to see it in all its glory soon :pray:

4 Likes

Interesting that Naim are making the feet look like real feet.

I’ll get my coat…

3 Likes

Now I understand, after I saw your pictures!

I see the left foot, the right foot is in the rear side of the Solstice, I assume?

Thank you @PW42.

1 Like

@Geofiz / @Bart
Congratulations and thank you so much for your photos and for sharing your experience with the Solstice here.

The turntable looks really great and I fell a little in love…

Currently I am thinking about replacing my beloved DPS3 and DDX1500 with the SSE.
I have placed a request to my dealer, if and when he gets a demo unit.

atb, Tom

Bart, are you using the Superline/ Supercap or the Solstice phono?
What are your first impressions vs the P10?

All these huge dust covers, imagine trying to remove it when half cut, or put it back on lol.

Yes I do all my best work barefoot! I’m overdue for a mani/pedi however.

Im using everything as-is from the kit including the lavender DIN 5-5 to start.

I have little basis to compare unfortunately; my “memory” for such fine musical details is not great and I’ve not listened to vinyl (thus my P10) in about 3 months given our old house pack-up and move into the new house. Second, my system is just recently set up in the new home and I’m waiting for longer speaker cables to get the speakers properly sited. For now they are literally just ‘in the room.’

If I have the patience for it I may slot in the SuperLine powered by the 552 for comparison. But I don’t have an Airplug (much less one with a z-foil) for the 100R setting so it would be with the standard resistor plug.

2 Likes

Maybe the memory will come back progressively :laughing:. But I understand that as you are in a new home, it doesn’t help to have a basis of comparing.
Enjoy!

It looks Ace!

1 Like

We have an cat called Louis too. He was born in Luton, so he’s a bit rough really, but he’s mellowing.

5 Likes

I’m glad none of our cats have tried that!

2 Likes

Sorry @frenchrooster but this kit does not include the 7,3 mm bit that is necessary to drill the LP hole.

I salute the people that buy the right tools for the job, using the right tools fosters excellence and should be ingrained very early in kids at schools.

Much defective work is done for not using the right tools and, most importantly, the wrong tools are often involved in accidents, some with dire consequences.

4 Likes

That may be the most affordable one. Contacted the guy in the USA re one and price USD320 for a similar custom made one. Options are appearing.

2 Likes

Hope you get a chance to audition one. Still sounding better each day.

1 Like

Ok, you are right. But my point is that you can find much less expensive one than 50 euros. Anyway I have never, in 30 years, needed one.
But it’s however cool that it’s already included in the Solstice package. It looks like more pro :laughing:

Right or wrong, it is nice to have the right tools just in case.

And yes, the Naim driller is a luxury item with a luxury price, but it makes the company more sustainable and the entry products more affordable to mere mortals like me. So thank you to the people that buy the Solstice and the right tools.

2 Likes