New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

With that little fella knocking about, you definitely need some protection for your Solstice when it arrives. Thankfully, our cat has never shown any interest in the HiFi.

1 Like

TOOL = Pink floyd

Humm.

Incidentally, this morning I bought a CD of Tool. Amusing.

Yes indeed. I have scars all over my hands from trying to get away with making do. I’m a slow learner but I get there in the end. I now have the right tools. That said, I dont have one of these LP hole reamers - yet. (I didn’t even know they existed).

1 Like

I do like a bit of Tool, I would not relate them in any way to King Crimson or Floyd

2 Likes

Remember that post I made about me being patient… Well I just heard I won’t see my Solstice until February of 2022! Paid in full the week it was announced. Kind of bummed. Rant over.

2 Likes

That’s quite a long wait…

Now that is truly poor!! I guess if you really really want one, they have you over a barrel and patience it is.

You could always fly to Toronto

Just listening to that now - although not on vinyl. Truly amazing quality from a 1961 recording. The drums are scaring my dog! Reminds me a bit of Jazz at the Pawn Shop. Now added to my favourite list!

2 Likes

It’s not as if it is a surprise that it takes a long while to deliver them:

Modern variation of the theme…and heavier! :grin:

Hopefully you like it Rafael, if not, there are plenty of people who will buy it from you. My local record store can never keep them stocked for long.

End of Feb ? That is crazy ! And you already paid for it ?

1 Like

Top tip, thanks. Now ordered!

Best regards, BF

1 Like

That is insane! February? I know that there are severe supply line shortages for manufacturing as a result of Covid (not just the chip sets, but also on the raw materials) and that things are probably going to get worse yet on the supply side before they get better, but …

2 Likes

Well said but you should delete “probably”… :grimacing:

100% payment up front on an item that isn’t available? Is that normal over there? Over here when I was in retail I wouldn’t dream of it. A deposit of 25-50%? Sure, on an item of this caliber, no issue :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, but I’m trying to be a little optimistic :grin: @ChrisBell should probably be nominated for Sainthood :innocent: if he remains patient through this long time period until delivery.

1 Like

Its almost as if naim took a punt on this deck and have not actually made any.