New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Yup :+1:t2: ….will land with me mid July

4 Likes

Thanks, Clare :+1:

As noted somewhere above, the power supply (which powers itself, the turntable and the phono stage, on separate windings) goes into a 0.5W power sleep mode for standby

1 Like

Most likely your shiny new manual will tell you :slight_smile: Congrats!

1 Like

Absolutely NOT going to happen

This may be of interest:

This Solstice design has another trick up its aluminium sleeve. It’s also a smart power supply, which can detect the turntable has stopped and go into a 0.5W power sleep mode for standby. A small switched-mode power supply (SMPSU) enables this standby function, which is automatically disengaged when the turntable is in use – when an oversized toroidal transformer takes over power duties.

6 Likes

Super - thanks - I hope the Naim logos remain lit (or dimmed) in standby.

See my 911R analogy Richard - buyers can do with what they like with it and cash in the bank isn’t doing anything at the moment so don’t be at all surprised to see some of these TT’s back on the marketplace at inflated asking prices.

Of course, there’s a simple way around this…

2 Likes

Standby is 0.5W combined for the turntable, phono and PSU. Auto turns off 20 mins after the platter stops spinning. Takes 10 seconds to to stabilise and unmute after pressing the go button!

…There’s also an auto standby override switch

5 Likes

Bet the Naim demo room system sounds amazing with the Solstice. :grinning:

1 Like

Total goosebumps/party time, depending on what you’re playing (sometimes both!)

4 Likes

Fit a 555DR to upgrade it and you’ll pull the middle of the earth out - don’t be tempted! Hopefully Naim will warn owners about this in the manual. :rofl:

1 Like

There are also logo brightness controls on back of phono stage, so you can choose your ideal

1 Like

Muso for Bentley?

1 Like

Can you purchase the Vinyl separately? Or is a special Pressing just for the 500 packages?

Sorry - at present, my Orbe (full double plinth & rectangular ISO-Base), SME V, Lyra Skala, HT Magic Silver Tonearm cable, Bakoon EQA Reference phono stage setup isn’t going anywhere.

It’s a special pressing for the Special Edition package.

Can they change the Logo colour to Green? Count me in for a couple if that’s a yes. :smiley:

I am not sure this is how it goes. Imagine what it costs to develop this product for 2 years. If Naim would stop at 500 units, i am not sure they would make any profit on that. It only makes sense if some of the products are beeing continued (as the phono preamp and power supply) and if they can make more of these turntables, as i am sure they will.

1 Like

I still cant find the phono input on my 552 . . . but I shall NOT cease searching!

3 Likes