New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

If most dealers had one each, I am not sure that any were really demonstrators in the usual sense. It will be interesting where the second hand price settles.

1 Like

Everything at your dealer is for sale. :thinking:

3 Likes

Well so far the lowest i have seen for sale was £9500, so i guess about half price, as per normal, unless you trade in and then obviously it will be lower to allow for dealer margin

How is the Thales in bass weight? Did you compare the the slim/easy combo with the one you have?

Its very nice great weight and speed.
Never even seen that turntable in real life, let alone heard one.

I means that slim easy is the cheaper proposal of turntable and arm in Thales portfolio

As said never seen the slim or heard it, sorry.
But it does get nive reviews

1 Like

Has there been an update on the vinyl record that’s supposedly included with SSE?

1 Like

Excellent question!

1 Like

Gosh……i think had a demo of the Solstice a year ago……still no record?

1 Like

Did it stipulate if it used digital or analogue mastering? …………. I’ll get my coat!:joy:

4 Likes

It’s on Qobuz……

I’ve asked Naim label manager James for an update.

1 Like

Is that the July record store playlist or another one Mike ?

So I had a chat with Naim’s label Manager James about the Solstice LP. It seems to have been something of a trial, with at least three sounds of test pressings all being rejected due to issues, and at one point necessitating a change in pressing plant. Eventually it was found that there was an issue with the metalwork so the LP had to be re-cut. The good news is that the latest TP from the re-cut has been approved and production is underway with an expected delivery sometime within the next few months. Reading between the lines I would guess that those of you who have bought a Solstice from a UK dealer will probably hear from them soon…

10 Likes

Richard. Please don’t start a sentence with “So”.

1 Like

Shep, sorry if it offends you but just because it tends to be overused these days does not mean it’s entirely inappropriate. As I was returning to follow up on my post above, and the backstory turned out to be rather more complex that first imagined, it seemed quite ok. Of course, my real sin may very well have been not to put in a comma after the “so”…

12 Likes

:roll_eyes:

18 Likes

Mrs HH is always telling me off for using a comma before ‘and’. I believe there are times when it’s ok though, rather like your ‘so’.

1 Like

Indeed it is.

1 Like