New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Will do, being installed on Friday. Replacing a P10 and a Brinkmann Bardo

1 Like

Do you already own a bit of a vinyl collection? If not, definitely count to 10 and be sure you want to go down that road. (I did starting a few years ago and have to exercise a lot of discipline not to let the vinyl collection grow too large. I’m now buying about one LP every few months.)

1 Like

Looking forward to hear your report.

New or 2nd hand?

Brand new and still in original shrink wrap.

3 Likes

Uhhh. Christmas arrived early this year :slight_smile:

Have fun!

Just hope I have made the right choice or be honest. Listened to the solstice vs klimax LP12 at my dealer and thought they were very close, maybe a slight edge to the LP12 but it costs a lot more as the solstice is a good price and the LP12 is now £23k. Could go for a cheaper lo12 but I know I would be too tempted to upgrade rapidly.

I borrowed the LP12 for a couple of weeks and there was just something that did not quite gell with me, hence the solstice.

4 Likes

Similar to my experience Ryder. Enjoy your new turntable.

1 Like

Fingers crossed. Once it has all run in I will be unable to resist the temptation of trying my current phono stage with it as well😉

1 Like

Revisiting the whole putting it on a wall shelf thing, does it actually matter if the brundy is touching the wall or under stress as it does not carry any signal, just power if I understand correctly?

So with a bit of gentle persuasion, 460mm is doable (front front edge). The feet also sit back at the front so depending on the shelf you could also lose a further 25mm or so.

2 Likes

Thanks. Looks like it is going to have to be the rack but we can see how it goes whe they arrive for the install

1 Like

Congrats! It will take the Equinox 70+ hours to show its magic. It’s worth the wait.

1 Like

Understood. I am certainly in no rush to start fiddling, but I will have my phono stage still and a spare aphelion 2 as the trade in on the p10 made more sense without the cart

2 Likes

Congratulations. Let’s hope the follow up service for the solstice is up to standard

For the price of a LP12 Klimax you can have Vertere SG, now that would be a comparison!

2 Likes

No. Sold it ages ago and don’t really have space where I live now. Was relieved to get rid of all the CDs off to the loft.

1 more sleep! Feel unexpectedly excited😁

3 Likes

36 Likes

Looking fab Ryder :+1:

Thanks. Bit worried about the weight on the wall shelf but what could possibly go wrong :rofl:

4 Likes