New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

:see_no_evil:

That looks really good on the wall shelf - very nice indeed.

Oh and Naim really should release some monoblock amps in the Solstice ‘shoebox’ cases…

1 Like

e4b6159daa6ba10fb8373399ace62955022a7f84_2_1332x1000~3

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

It’ll be fine :grin: think about it the bottom bolt is not bearing any weight (I don’t think) I have had heavier tables on there in the past honest. However I may pile some cushions under it tonight :hushed:

2 Likes

It needs to be fixed at some point. The top fixings take both shear ( sliding down the wall) as well as the tipping moment away from the wall. The bottom bolts take shear and provide extra support, particularly important in a hollow wall.

1 Like

It is fixed it was mainly my poor drilling skills that caused the imperfection in the wall. Fortunately it is a very solid wall (famous last words!) the bolts go in a lot deeper than the dent in the wall

1 Like

I wonder?

Are you thinking a Uniti-style 72/140 shoe box combo with white lighting?

If they got that right, count me in.

I’m sure it didn’t take me to point it out, hope that was ok :slight_smile:

It looks an amazing deck, I hope you spent all day listening to it, and the rest of the evening!

The 110 ‘M’ Solstice edition would do :wink:

Of course it is ok. Imagine if I had not known about it! You and bruss do have me worried though🤣

1 Like

I’ve no idea, it just seems with Solstice having a white logo and half size components that MIGHT herald further changes?

Well, don’t want to tempt fate but it is still attached to the wall☺️

Sound has improved, even with just a couple of hours playtime. Last deck I listened to before this was a full klimax LP12 and I am not disappointed. Less detail and not as inky black but god it is fun.

3 Likes

The extra detail and inky blackness will come with a cartridge swap…and the fun factor will remain :sunglasses:

1 Like

The shape of the extra holes (and the fact you haven’t filled them) suggests plasterboard rather than solid, hope I’m wrong.

In my new house I had a curtain pole come down next to our bed in the middle of the night (~3AM), very much a WTF moment. I’d hung 6 T shirts on it at around 11pm and the fixings pulled out of the plasterboard but not straight away. The MuSo QB broke its fall (with nary a mark on it) My only experience with plasterboard walls before was at work where a reverse osmosis water purifier with a 25l tank stayed put for a couple of decades so I wasn’t expecting a few T shirts to overload it.

1 Like

Problems occur with plasterboard when people use real plugs and expect them to hold like they do in brick. If you use proper plasterboard fixings that spread themselves out in the void behind, there is much less danger unless seriously overloaded.

I’ve just tried a Chord Music power cable on the Solstice power supply. I didn’t envisage it making much difference but boy was I wrong. So if you are using Naim mains cables a full Powerline over Lite also has to be worth a try Ryder.

Solstice doesn’t come with a Powerline?

No – one thing which was pointed out early doors, to the disappointment of one purchaser.

It survived the night!the wall is solid, not plasterboard. What has come off is the plaster that covers the solid brick underneath (breeze block I think) had to use a masonry drill to put the holes in.

3 Likes