New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

I know I know FfF :+1:

Chris, are you using Superline/SCDR with your Solstice, or the NVCTT?

Now that I have a Lyra Atlas SL I can report the Superline/SCDR is very much up to the task of supporting a world class high-end cartridge. I wonder if I would feel the same about the NVCTT, not that I plan to abandon my Clearaudio TT anytime soon (and it would be for an Innovation if I did).

Congrats on the Altas SL phono cartridge. I love Lyra. I listened to a Kleos SL for many years on my LP12/ARO. I originally owned a standard Kleos cartridge, but it did not play well with the Superline. I asked Lyra if they would make me a low output version of the Kleos and it showed up at my dealer 6 weeks later. I have serial #001 Kleos SL, which I still own!

I still use my Superline-Supercap DR with my Equinox phono cart along with pair of Airplug’s for the loading. I recently pulled out my NCV-TT for a listen and it does a great job: bass is solid and the high end is well sorted out. The Superline is different sounding. More layers are revealed and there’s a what I’d describe as a “euphoric glow” around the sound. Its an amazing phono preamp and very much up to the task of working with any world class cartridge.

1 Like

I went from a Dynavector XV-1s to the Lyra Atlas SL. There is just no comparison at all. The Lyra is a complete game changer. Someone on another forum – claiming diminishing returns on high end gear – asked why I would spend so much more on a cartridge that couldn’t possibly be 2x as good as the Dynavector. I told them they are right. It’s not 2x as good. It’s more like 5x as good (really!). :slight_smile:

I’m just glad I also have the TT and tonearm to take advantage of the Lyra.

4 Likes

Try the WitchHat ones :sunglasses:

The only customization had been done, as I understand refer to the 5 pin mini din connector only, isn’t it?
I don’t see any further engineering requirements…
Or maybe I missed something…

I see the x demo’s decks are now being sold by the naim dealers.
Great discount price’s, so if you are in the market maybe then nows the time

2 Likes

There is certainly a good discount to be had. I just hope the dealer’s technical abilities are better than their maths and grammar.

2 Likes

Got my LP a few weeks ago. Cleaned it, played a few minutes, sounds nice but not really my cup of tea.

1 Like

Got to laugh at that, but seen one x demo even cheaper

Blimey, even less than £10,000? That’s incredible depreciation.

1 Like

£9999 & £8999 both are x demo at dealers

Not really they are second hand after all. Having said that I paid £12k for mine new.

Ex dem generally seems to be about 20% off, and about a year old. 40% is far more, suggesting a get rid at cost scenario. Anyway, so long as everyone who’s bought one feels they’ve made the right decision, then all’s good.

2 Likes

Of course the price is going to be less than normal ex demo as it is discontinued. I got as good a deal on a new 552 and SC for the same reason. As you say irrelevant for existing owners as I don’t see too many selling up any time soon.

1 Like

Not so sure about the “of course”. The Technics limited editions are going for more than I originally paid.

Well yes, but they have not been sitting in a dealers showroom fo 12 months😉

I think we can agree that the solstice was not a huge success, they would be making more tts if it was. Pity as it sounds fantastic

1 Like

It is amazing ,

Hoping you are well?

best wishes

Ian

Yes, Ian, I’m very well, thanks, playing a lot of hew records since my ‘release from captivity’.

2 Likes

This is good

enjoy

Ian