New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Although I’m not likely to buy this turntable (I find it difficult to justify spending more than £4k or £5k on any individual item), it’s a step in the right direction for Naim - well done.

Far more interesting than special edition Musos, hifi for luxury yachts, etc.

2 Likes

£5,000 for a record player
£1,000 for a cartridge
£5,000 for a phono stage
£5,000 for a power supply
= £16,000 all in.

There you go. If you’re quick, you’ll catch one before they are gone!

7 Likes

I wonder if Naim was not inspired by the SME Synergy package. It comes with an SME IV, built in phono from Nagra, and Ortofon Wingfield cart. The package, named Synergy, costs 15k.

I think we don’t agree on the meaning of “individual”… :wink:

3 Likes

:hugs::grin::grinning:

I think we need some high res images of the new aro. We’ve been waiting for decades for this and I wanna see a good picture of it. Carbon fibre tube, headshell and all that. Do you get a free aro if you can bend the carbon fibre armtube?
Seriously, I hope arm tops do become available to fit the Linn geometry.
I can’t afford Solstice but am delighted that naim have introduced it. Finally something to get the old diehard fans excited. Well done naim.

1 Like

Now that would be a chalk and cheese comparison.

Here’s a sneak peek…

20 Likes

21 Likes

As any different turntable compared to another one.
But what is interesting here is that SME produced a package too, with a cart and phono, like the Solstice package, for a similar price.

1 Like

Thank you Clare, love how the new logo is on the headshell, like the original.

3 Likes

and so?

Does SME sound like a Naim source?

that looks really amazing… never I thought we would see a real Naim turntable !

2 Likes

Is it just the perspective, or is the arm ever so slightly tapered?

Do you really believe there’s a Naim turntable sound ?

If you believe in marketing and storytelling then for sure :sunglasses:

2 Likes

well there has to be, otherwise what would be the point of the first ever Naim turntable, made by Clearaudio. It should have the usual Naim qualities of Pace Rhythm and Timing?

As for turntables having a sound, well if you compare a well set up LP12 with another turntable, say, from clearaudio, yes they sound different

Or your own ears. Obviously, if you can’t tell the difference between different turntables, then you are a LUCKY person, as you can buy a cheap one and be very happy :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Hi @Naim.Marketing One product release per month from now on ? A great marketing strategy for brand-Naim :+1:

We have had one product release per month across Group so far this year… exhausting! Hope to get a holiday at some point :crazy_face:

3 Likes