New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Are you commenting on their look and fit as part of the whole package or on their individual sound quality? Was the cartridge tried in a different deck and arm for example?

Looking forward to finding out more and eventually hearing the deck especially with a Superline/SupercapDR.

All the best,

Richard

Morning Richard

the Solstice was the demo deck that Jason demod at @Cymbiosis

YES I thought the whole Solstice package was superb - I have to say in the flesh it looks and moreover sits on the FRAIM extremly well - the musical presentation of the deck was very NAIM - plenty of focus and detail, just easy to listen too and as you can expect from NAIM very high quality of enginering

on ARO II - this could well becoma a future classic, just hope at some point NAIM Make this arm as seperate upgrade

on Cartridge very good indeed as you would expect on at 16K package

we heard the solstice and Linn Klimax - both decks has plenty of music, and the musical presentation on both were super , I am too far down my LP12 route to look at Solstice - but I would recomend all who are looking at a deck at that level to dem0 (when you can)

couple of my own photos on the day

8 Likes

Thanks for the update and nice photos :+1:

Richard

1 Like

Can @Naim.Marketing or @Richard.Dane possibly give a small update as to where Naim are with the delivery of demo (interesting) and customer (VERY interesting) units out to dealers please?

Rumours of units appearing in customers houses seem to be somewhat at odds with previous statements around the launch strategy. I’m not aware of any UK dealer that has their demo model yet - but I may be wrong on that.

Matt, IIRC Clare said that because of shipping delays, the first batch of export units would ship first, followed by the first UK batch. Of course, some export units may have turned up earlier than expected - that’s probably just down to the rather wide delivery window for exports right now.

I’m sure @Naim.Marketing will be able to update everybody after the holidays.

Ok richard and a question for claire : the naim solstice cartridge will be in the future avalaible for naim solstice owners for the sound and the Spirit of naim solstice package ? Like a cd player for mech in naim factory

(I’ve obviously no wish to pre-empt any response from Naim, but I’ve never heard of any manufacturer promising to produce anything forever). That said, no company has a better record of standing by its products in terms of customer support and longevity of life.

Clare said this above.

I’m back :slight_smile:

I’ll get an update from the factory ASAP re deliveries etc.

The French picture doing the rounds is the demo unit of Naim France’s sales manager, by the way - not a customer delivery.

5 Likes

Thanks claire for answer and solstice is fantastic package and the sound is great
And thanks for answer and cartridge replacement if we have a problem in future

1 Like

Yes it’s a friend of me and à démo unit

1 Like

My local dealer, Tyler and Dana at Next Level Audio, emailed me this morning…my Solstice has arrived. Unfortunately I am away on vacation and will not be able to arrange a delivery until next week. Quite surprised that us blokes in the States are seeing delivery so early but I’m not complaining :sunglasses: Terrific job by Tyler to get his hands on a few and getting them out to clients- I’m very much looking forward to see it in my room !
ATB,
Mark

15 Likes

Do you expect it to beat your Dohmann Helix/ Schroeder or you just want to have a third deck with a different sound presentation? Sorry, I am curious

Congrats Mark! Hoping mine will deliver soon as well, but have not heard yet.

Welcome home Claire!! Hope you had a terrific holiday… you’ve been a legend supporting all of us longing for info on the Solstice… Sounds like the deliveries to customers are finally coming through and cannot wait to hear the results! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Sorry, Clare…!

1 Like

Well this is Naim’s very FIRST turntable…As many longtime Naim enthusiasts, I have been waiting a long time for Naim to enter the turntable market. Now is the time and Solstice limited to 500 units left me with few options. We really do not know if the Solstice project will continue and I did not want to be without one.
Will it beat my Dohmann? That is not the point for me. I am confident that Naim would not offer a product such as the Solstice if it did not have the Naim sound signature. Naim sounds like nothing else. I am a vinyl only user and adding the Solstice to my room will simply provide another great choice for vinyl playback. The Solstice does not need to beat anything for me to enjoy it for what it is.

3 Likes

Hi Chris- its gonna kill me waiting for it while I am on vacation! I’m sure yours will be coming shortly as well :grinning:

1 Like

Mark
Solstice! I hope the Linn is staying.
I’ll shoot you an email in a few days (don’t want to bother you on vacation). Are you down in Covid central?:grin:
You should join Chris and I on our weekly Naim Zoom calls. We have a nice group.

Best
Gregg

2 Likes

Hey Gregg!
No, I’m actually in your neck of the woods- the Jersey shore :grinning: Spending time with family and letting all of the cousins reconnect…
Of course the Linn is staying! Hopefully Peter can swing by next year and do both of our Karousel’s. Shoot the email when you have a chance…
Be well,
Mark

1 Like