New Naim Audio Website

1. “Retailers” “Resellers” “Dealers”. All three are used.

2. Why no AudioT on the maps? Have they been dropped?

3. I’m in Southampton. My nearest retailers/resellers/dealers appear to be in Boulogne.

1 Like

And if for whatever unfathomable reason that is not possible, then at the very least in place of the flashing images have a large banner advising that it is a new version of the website and it is known there are some issues and inconsistencies, recommending that if people can’t find what they want they come back in a week or two, plus give a link to report specific issues.

And doing something as a matter of the utmost urgency is absolutely critical, as people viewing a bad website don’t think to themselves: “oh, must be a work in progress , I’ll come back later”, they just think “what an awful website/business. I’m off somewhere else”.

2 Likes

It appears that the marketing text has simply been put into a web translator and the English version has not been reviewed. Ideally the target language should be rewritten by a native English speaker who knows the product range, but any bi-lingual human translator should be able to produce a better version. Sometimes it is better for a human to write the new text from scratch. I hope this is constructive for Focal/Naim as international companies used to understand the importance of proper communication for selling high value products.

See my previous posts on this. There’s been an issue with the data import - being investigated.

I believe this is contracted out - bear in mind that the website is translated and available in 10 different languages.

2 Likes

Thanks Richard. I think that given the English speaking market for Naim products then looking at the quality of the contracted out translation might be wise. Getting decent German and English versions in France ought to be a priority. It is foolish to imagine that the auto translate can do all the work.

2 Likes

According to Audio T website they’re still very much dealing Naim @suzywong. I think best to let Naim sort this.

Yes I got the error message also when I tried to submit my request for newsletter - tried twice

Probably been mentioned. When I look at accessories for example and try to scroll down, it disappears and takes me to a completely different screen.

Navigation of the site is barmy.

WW - are you using MS Edge as your browser? This is happening to me on the Acc tab (and some others) i.e. the box pop-ups disappear as you try and scroll (obviously thinking there could be more to see). It then throws me back to last-page viewed or the main web-page (IIRC). It’s a known issue.

Yep, Edge.

It’s really confusing.

Can there be a page for all authorised naim dealers and fixers please,
A little pin on a map be cool thanks

FYI, best I can tell it’s the same on the Focal 'site, which is the template for this one. I can scroll on the Uniti page and the CI page. Same if I want to scroll down under the Universe tab at the head of the 'site – the 3 options immediately disappear from view.

On Safari on an old IPADOS that takes me back to the previous page I was on.

For some reason the pose reminds me of BCNU (The Prisoner), though she reminds me of a Psi Corps agent from Babylon 5 doing it.

As for appliances, far too many images are cropped/out of context in terms of scale so the chap/chaps dancing at the start when the video is paused (I must have auto play off) look like they’re standing next to some snazzy Naim fridge/freezers.

The video not playing automatically also probably explains why that image looks quite poor resolution/soft/compressed with visible compression artefacts in Safari:

I haven’t seen this mentioned before after searching the thread, Superline and Stageline suggest powering with the no longer available ***Cap power supplies.

2 Likes

Not The Websites Fault.

Is there actually a new product capable of powering them?

Different ways to took at it. It isn’t a question of website functionality, but it is invalid content I’d have hoped would be fixed in the general tidy up for a new release, so I thought it worthy of feedback. Sorry if I missed a post asking only for technical functionality feedback ,

FYI, there are many cases of legacy narrative being used around the 'site, and strange header pics. I suspect these aspects are the ‘easier wins’, albeit we all know the former 'site carried many inaccuracies and legacy wording, which was never addressed.