New Naim Audio Website

Not just yours!

1 Like

The single worst thing about the new website, all other faults aside, is that it is completely impossible to get a simple overview of products and range, it is actually frighteningly bad IMO.

1 Like

Most of the feedback has been given over night, our time. It’s just a bit of gentle musing on how this reflects on the management of the brand, which we know well about given the situation down under. I love the brand as much as others, but there is no escaping the fact that the management is heading in a direction that is quite different than a few years ago.

2 Likes

Well yes of course Mike we all know and can see that for sure

Just the way it is

1 Like

Dealer import needs correcting as mention previously.

Glasgow dealers are seemingly in LANAKSHIRE

Did search and didn’t see it remarked upon above

Former CMO now CEO.

I’ve come to the conclusion that Salisbury had nothing to do with the new website. If they had, it wouldn’t be in such a complete mess. It seems not to be have done by any British firm, considering all the embarrassing spelling mistakes.

Possibly this emanates from our neighbours across the Channel.

Salisbury are left with sorting out the mess.

3 Likes

I’d say you’re more than likely correct these decisions would come from management which is based across the channel.

3 Likes

Is it my imagination, or lack of navigation skills, that there are no manuals on the web site now?

Mike, under the relevant product, scroll down to specifications and underneath you’ll see the manual download. Here’s the Supernait 3 as an example;

1 Like

I tried that for the 552, the download tales you to a 2 page product summary, but I can’t find the full manual anywhere?

Alternatively you can go to the Support page and type in what you’re looking for into the Product Documentation search box;

It seems that not all the manuals (mostly older products) are linked yet.

1 Like

@Richard.Dane

On the Focal website → the link to the naim website shown here below → doesn’t work.

Geoff, it seem to be working just fine for me on my MacBook. Clicking on “Discover Naim Audio” takes me directly to the new Naim Audio website in a new tab.

Perhaps something unique to mobile device view?

1 Like

Hi Richard, my test was from a Samsung Android mobile - not had any issues with other links from their website. This is the result of clicking the link below. I will check the link on my desktop later.

OK thanks Geoff. Hopefully the dev team will pick this one up and investigate.

2 Likes

Hi Richard

Checked on the desktop - the DISCOVER THE NAIM WEBSITE link in the partners section -
doesn’t work here.

Thanks Geoff, found it. Yes, I concur. That link seems to have been missed and needs updating.

1 Like

I mentioned the naim logo size being too small - here is a visual comparison, showing both websites on a desktop screen, and also on mobile.

This appears to be the result of using and matching physical dimensions in pixels (possibly the height) of each logo. The arc above the naim lettering reduces the word x-height, plus the font of FOCAL is a heavier weight and in all caps.

What needs to happen, is the naim logo should be enlarged to be better balanced with the other page elements, because as it is - it looks way too small in both formats on different devices.

4 Likes