New Naim Audio Website

If the new website is a work in progress, and errors and omissions were expected, I hope enough resource has been set aside to deal with these. If so many issues have been identified by a bunch of Naim users looking at the new site in “own-time” the basic proof reading / testing seems lacking to say the least. Shame it’s gone live so early in development.

4 Likes

Hero image on Nait50 is scaled wrong so not showing full content.

2 Likes

That was the first time I have used the term ‘Hero Shot’ so apologies for the confusion!

1 Like

350 specs is a mix of german and “error”. I forgot to mention my hourly charge is 100EUR.

1 Like

Suggest look at the ‘Brochure’ tab for the 500…which takes you to the ‘Reference Manual - English’. For a moment I thought they’d commissioned a proper brochure :grin:

1 Like

Talking about manuals, I couldn’t find the older product manuals under support… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Under NDX2 the upgrade path is NSC 222, Is it so?

555PS refers to a CD player not being made for many years. It’s also called “NAPS 555 DR”.

NAC552 shows green LEDs on the new page.

1 Like

I know there are two Naim dealers in Chester but I can’t find either. In fact, I can’t find anything other than"Focal powered by Naim" boutiques.
Other stuff like accessing the manuals isn’t as simple either.
Don’t want to be negative but I really don’t like it. Too flashy for my liking.

Hmm…were you looking under ‘Other Ressources’ (sic)?

Seems these have gone AWOL, as you say.

1 Like

I have never seen tech specs being referred to as “Acoustic” (everywhere).

Bullets are shows in different ways depending on page. Different type faces are used. It’s a mess really.

The more you dig the more you find this new website is utterly abject.

Here’s what Innuos (a naim competitor) tell you on the ”find a dealer” page…

Here’s what naim can muster.

Shocking.

The Itinerary link gives google driving instructions to get there, presumably because no phone/email/website is available and we will all just drive to dealers from now on.

Who at Focal/naim, at an executive level, approved release of this website. At my company they’d be invited to leave tomorrow.

This is simply not true. A website is a company’s brand, the online brand and reputation is at stake. Any companies I’ve worked with want a near perfect website launched, and any errors are stamped on rapidly.

The new naim website looks more “hobbyist”. It’s more than a work in progress, it’s an early beta which should never have seen the light of day on the public internet.

7 Likes

Apologies, first click made me think it may not reflect forum demographics though I haven’t explored so that may be unfair but it looks superficially in keeping with the current control app.

Will approach from a different perspective - what’s important to me (initially):

1 - Product manufacturing serial numbers/date
2 - Availability of old manuals not just current products
3 - Clear differentiation of current/legacy products and availability of specifications for older ones
4 - up to date dealership information
5 - transparent pricing of servicing/repair by country

2 Likes

Its a shame as there is a much underused beta thread where we could have made our comments to help improve the site.

3 Likes

Naim Universe? What? :face_vomiting:

The elephant in the room is encouraging me to deep dive into a bit of blue skies thinking.

2 Likes

I’d love a glimpse of the feedback you give to Naim’s marketing team. :grinning:

1 Like

Yet again customers do the QC.
It’s the future.
“ Almost all Naim products are hand-assembled by our experts in our Salisbury workshop.“
:flushed:

There are so many layout inconsistencies. Under Sources~Power Supplies, the NAPS 555 DR and the NPX 300 are both described as Power Supply. But the NPX TT is a Power supply.

In the Phono Stage section, the NVC TT is a MM/MC phono preamplifier. The Superline and Stageline aren’t anything.

In the Integrated Amplifiers section there is a mix of Integrated Amplifer and Integrated amplifier - except for the Nait XS 3 - which is described as a Power Amplifier.

There are plenty more examples.

1 Like

Surely ‘Join the community’ would have a link to this forum which would thoroughly benefit from ’new blood’ - new Naim owners of lifestyle/newer products are likely quite under represented here?

1 Like

You’re reading it

3 Likes