New Naim Audio Website

Shoddy that really…

1 Like

There is a lot of good imagery on the site that is reflective of the quality of the products, however the navigation could be much better. The copy and information accuracy need a lot of work.

Connected Speakers as a product type!!! Aren’t all speakers connected in some way?

There are so many issues with this website, it really should be reverted. Then for £20, but another website name, and put it up there where we can all comment on it without causing potential sales losses, not to mention reputation losses. I would not be confident in buying a multi £k device from a company that cannot put-up a simple website.

It really does look like no-one at Naim has even looked at it, other than perhaps a presentation where the presenter carefully selected what they would click on.

4 Likes

@Richard.Dane Richard if this is the ‘feedback to the NAIM marketing team’ as I think you’re suggesting, then it just beggars belief. To release a website of this standard is poor and lazy in the extreme. I’m afraid it smacks of a company which seems to be losing its way…

5 Likes

It’s simple to me and easy to follow

Maybe I’m simple :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Maybe you know what you’re looking for?

1 Like

Presumably it’s a bit of corporate alignment designed to match:

Surely the young lady would look better with a smile on both sites?

1 Like

Indeed, it’s odd.

1 Like

Yes, looks like the same young lady - but on the Focal site she’s indicating listening not looking - and not next to a washing machine! (And the ‘join the community’ poster further down the Focal site has someone recognisably wearing headphones.) Particularly noticeable on first opening the Focal site compared to the new Naim one is an absence of largely random distracting moving images, with the only moving images on the home page being when you get down to a feature on one of their speaker ranges, which cycles through different images of the range,
If they’re trying to make it in the same house style, which certainly appears to be the case given some of the repeated or similar imagery, Naim should go back and look again at the Focal site.

1 Like

Think the site’s average at best, also typically when you type in Sydney in the store location you get zero.

I don’t think this boats moving in the right direction imo.

1 Like

Well better and simpler than the old clunky one imo

1 Like

And as we all know

No pleasing an aging and grumpy population :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::grinning:

I know we have been asked for constructive criticism but when there are so many obvious problems after a cursory view of the forum all I can add is the old Dublinism

“Sh1te and onions”.

The fact that presumably several Naim/ vervent people must have seen this before release doesn’t bode well at all. I suppose the only saving grace is a lot of hifi manufacturer’s site are full of sh1te but not that many add the onions as well.

.sjb

4 Likes

Hopefully Naim products are evolving better than the website.

2 Likes

Somebody at Naim loves the German language, I noticed that as well (but in the Italian website).

1 Like

I would think most members that have had a look at the website would have come to the conclusion that it needs a little bit of cleansing in some of the content

Whilst I like the layout there is some detail missing

I clicked on the Supernait 3 and maybe I’ve missed it but the specifications all seem a bit weird - some in English and some in German I think

Further nowhere could I see that it says it’s 80 watts into 8 ohms

2 Likes

So true but the site does seem a little clunky.

It’s probably a case of me being computer illiterate Richard but I can’t get the new website to show my local dealer, which is Rayleigh Hi-Fi

There are standards for website design, which all good websites should follow. There are various aspects to it, but one important aspect is about accessibility, particularly for people in any way disabled. I can’t remember where the formal standard is defined (ISO?), but a quick google found this from allaround digital:

Web accessibility standards

Accessibility standards are guidelines for making websites and their content accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible (including people with disabilities, such as visual, hearing, cognitive or motor impairments).

• Alternative texts for images and transcripts for video and audio.
  • Keyboard input for those who do not use a mouse to navigate through websites.
  • Labels for form fields.
  • Correct color contrast.
  • No content that flickers or moves.
  • And of course, correctly labelled the content in HTML.
2 Likes

Yes agree good guidelines

But not compulsory by any means