New Naim Internet Radio - feedback & requests

I’ve updated my NDX2 with only one issue - I have not been able to reconnect Trombone Jazz Radio - an essential part of my day. Can it be restored?

I see it.

Apologies! Or thank you!! I just found it!
(International → Europe → Switzerland → Browse all)

Got it! Thank you.

1 Like

Hi. Some white noise (or brown noise) station…will it be avaliable soon? Really helpfull during nights in noisy environment. Let’s me sleep better.

Done that but can’t see it in the A-Z list.

With the new firmware it’s far easier to use general search from device homepage in app via magnifying glass….

Note: you will need to manually expand “radio stations”.

3 Likes

Did you try using the Filter/Search?

This is what I see.

Thanks. I wonder why that search returns a different result?

Can’t see Trombone Jazz Radio there.

Hi, there are lots of apps that will generate white noise etc without requiring a stream. For example, try an app called Audio Function Generator. Use Airplay or Cromecast if you want to play it on your Muso.

You can also find white noise on streaming services such as Spotify, but this, like iRadio, would keep a data stream from the web running constantly which seems rather inefficient.

And …. did you update the firmware?

I read early in this thread that the firmware was/is released to the Mu-So at a different date than for e.g. the Uniti series.

Unfortunately I do not have any great suggestions :frowning:

I’m very happy with the new Naim Internet Radio, we now get local stations we were never able to access before.

Yes, updated.

Hi @rasz

We could only find one ‘station’ that does this:

Now added.

If there are others, provide a url to a website, or similar and if legit, we’ll add it.

Best

Steve

Hi @Richard

I think this is mixing up list filter (so find in current view) vs search that will search the full directory:

Armed with my Apple ipad felt tip pens, use the icon in the top right.

If it still doesn’t work, let us know what country you’re doing the search from and we’ll investigate further.

Best

Steve

Ah ok. Sorry I conflated the two events.
Thanks for the information PW42. I had missed that.

Hi @Pete_the_painter

Glad to here you like it.

The Australia side of the system we did a bit differently to most other directories.

• we’ve categorised the stations into the territories, so national stations are suitably time-shift adjusted.

• as you’ve noticed, we’ve dug up all those local stations

• where available we’ve moved main stations onto the HLS higher quality 192kbit AAC streams. For example ABC network (TripleJ, ABC Jazz etc). Nova is all on their ‘HD’ 320K streams.

Anything missing / not to your liking, do shout!

Best

Steve

2 Likes

How to see extended metadata? I do not find it in the app

There’s also this which shows up in a global search:

The reason I suggested an app was that to me it seems preferable to avoid using a power hungry server farm that might be thousands of miles away to provide a stream via iRadio or a subscription service when you can easily cast a (presumably locally generated) signal from an app.

1 Like