New Rega P10 announced

Speculation is carbon fibre and other features incorporated from / inspired by the Naiad.

Is P12 really going to be a thing? I admit I’m not keen on P8/10 open structure look on the decks sides - kinda looks unfinished to me.

I’ll just keep slumming it with the P9 I guess until the P12 drops.

First out of the gate with a formal review are The Ear…

http://www.the-ear.net/review-hardware/rega-planar-10-turntable-and-arm

3 Likes

One of Rega’s all time greats I reckon. The P7 was gorgeous.

sorry, but for me it was the most hideous. They even stopped it very quickly.
I liked the p25.

There are positive reviews of both the P10 and the Supernait 3 courtesy of Ed Selley in the December edition of Hi-Fi Choice…

Well i made the mistake of listening to the P10 the other week and today ordered one to go with the aura.
The P8 i have is great and for the price just fabulous, but the P10 is something else.

5 Likes

Dunc …I did NOT want to hear you say that!!

2 Likes

I know, nor did i want to like the difference as much as i did, was just going to try the new apheta 3 cartridge on the P8, but the trade in valve of the P8 against a new P10 was just to great to not go for it.
So did the deal yesterday and now just waiting to swap them over once the aura is made, so should be up and running next week at some point, as i have been waiting 3 weeks now for the aura, but P10’s are next day and by the sounds of it selling very well

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to audition a P10 at home…It did not go back. For me, it is a game changer, in both all those musicality terms and ‘hi-fi’ terms.
Well worth an audition at home if you are in the market…beware auditioning if you are not!

2 Likes

I was recently looking at options to replace my RP8 and listened at some length to the P10 and to the RP10 (both with Aria). Both were a clear step up from the RP8 but I could hear very little difference between the two “10s” and, if anything, preferred the RP10 so I went with that for roughly half the price of the P10.

2 Likes

Got them both today, looking forward to a fun weekend

7 Likes

Congratulation@Dunc

Did you get it with Alphetta3?

Yes I did

2 Likes

Jealous:) enjoy it and please let us know your impressions

“Heavy object. Two person lift required” … 13kg.

“Warning. Product contains oil” … 3 drops.

Someone at Rega decided to NOT be responsible for anything :laughing: Assume it’s fully prepared to enter the US market. Lawsuit anyone?

Simply sounds stunning right out the box. It’s just so wide sounding, very detailed and just lovely feet tapping music

12 Likes

Playing that same Nils album Dunc…sounds special on 24 bit streaming, vinyl and your new TT should be treat👍

I have the album on hires stored in the melco, sounds great. But i love the vinyl version and its this album that convinced me the P10 and aura was the way to go.
Keith dont go, it sounds so real, that if i close my eyes, the band could be in the front room

1 Like

Many years ago (and I’m not going to count) I had a contax camera w/zeiss lenses (actually still have it). Contax was a revered name bettered only by leica. Anyway, the parent company of the revitalized Contax was Kyocera, a Japanese Company whose main interest was ceramics and finding new formulas and uses. I think they would have liked ceramics to become the next plastic. Any way it is interesting to see some of the newer uses for ceramics.

1 Like