NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

Well there is also the option to turn off display during playback in the app. Someone posted they thought it could also help improve sonics. I guess reducing any extra energy. I tried for a minute and didn’t notice anything. One of the reasons I bought it was for the album art displayed, so would never keep it off unless moved to bedroom and doing late night listening.

Some of us complained about not being able to turn off the screen during playback on the regular Atom as it was distracting, not least on a device with an HDMI input which some would put under their TV. Naim did listen and added the option in a firmware update, but they didn’t apply it to the buttons, just the screen.
Maybe one for the ‘feature requests’ thread.

1 Like

Odd. We have had an LG OLED TV for around six years. No burn in, no colour shift. Best screen we’ve ever owned. Sample variation, perhaps?

Roger

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Yes, fingers crossed. I know it can be done on the ND555!

I did suggest this feature before, to be able to turn off the screen and the buttons, but never got a reply to that as far as I can recall. Must be in one of the topics on this forum…

I realise this is off topic but I hate seeing posts making sweeping statements about OLED burn in as if it’s a normal issue. It isn’t.

I have an LG E8 OLED TV bought in 2018 and it’s fine - no burn in at all. The key thing is to keep it plugged in so that it has standby power - this runs the automatic maintenance mode when the TV is not being used, ‘shuffling’ the pixels and significantly reducing the prospect of burn in.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Isn’t there a contradiction in your own explanation ? Why then is there such a feature added which does not eliminate the burn-in, but “significantly reduces” if there is no such issue to start with the OLEDs.

Long periods of static content cause burn-in on OLED TVs… It’s a fact that happened to many and it’s happened to us. If you search the internet, you will also come up with many cases. Your tv is fine, great for you ! But why sharing my own experience has created hatred in you and why are you trying to argue otherwise is not clear to me.

It seems basically oled are more prone to burn in especially if have static images and movies with side bars. That doesn’t mean everyone with experience it. But with the in mind, think oled would be bad for Naim Unit screen because album art is static and stays on the screen for long periods of time. They could solve this by having it move around but don’t like that idea. Think mini led would be the better tech if they ever wanted to update the screen. Guarantees no burn in for up to 10 years.

Like you I have an LG OLED - a C8 from 2018. No sign of any problems and a cracking picture. Agree with keeping it plugged in. Thanks for sharing your very reasonable experience and helping us all understand how these screens work.

Anyone know what mains cable comes with the HE? I’ve never seen a PowerLine Light, but my understanding is that the cable itself is the same as the PowerLine, whereas this looks a little slender. Is it just a Naim branded non-PowerLine?

PLLs are fairly standard mains cables with wobbly pins Michael. Comparison picture from the Naim website.

1 Like

Thanks, Eoink. That looks about right and puts any claims of the PLL and PL having the same cable.

Cheers!

1 Like

What about the power cable that comes with the US version? They don’t make the power line lite for the US. Buying the regular power line at full price seems crazy when it ends up being close to a 1/3 of the cost of the Naim HE itself. Even seen a used one for half off and still wasn’t sure it was worth it when the Naim HE sounds amazing with just the stock cord.

I think some stateside, including @Katzky2021 if I remember correctly, replaced the stock cable with a PL and reported a big improvement. Hopefully he’ll chime in and confirm or shout me down in flames for being a senile fantasist.

I bet (pun intended) that the Katz is listening to music.

Mine has arrived a few days ago and its a nice balance between convenience and sound quality.

1 Like

The Atom HE arrived a couple of hours ago. I’m very satisfied, the sound is fantastic straight out of the box. I will mostly use it as a streamer/preamp :blush::+1::notes:

11 Likes

Great news. Fabulous choice of album to play, too :+1:

1 Like

Interested to hear your thoughts on it vs you Nova, what power amp will you be using it with?

I use a Linn Akurate 4200 as a power amplifier to the Atom HE. I have only listened for a couple of hours, but the first impression is very good. I’m very happy with the Nova, it’s a fantastic all in one player. At the moment I can’t say which player is the best. Can only say that both are amazing!

5 Likes