Nice Photos

Watching the Aussie Rules and flicking to the cricket now and then. It’s not looking good for you guys, although it appears a wicket has just falling.

That would use a helluva lot of paint, wouldn’t it?

1 Like

As comedian Steven Wright said, “It’s a small world…but I wouldn’t want to paint it…”

2 Likes

Nice day for a hike up a rock. Where am(was) I?

11 Likes

Solutre par chance? Went up there with my 4 year old in a backpack of course in the midday heat with the sun blasting back off the limestone. Great views and great pics Rod.

2 Likes

Amanita Muscaria or Flyagaric, the hippies used to love consuming them to have lengthy (free) psychedelic experiences.

Winter at Manly Beach in Sydney, love these sunny crisp days, beaches are relatively quiet but still plenty of people out and about walking, cycling etc

13 Likes

Looks like those big swells have eased off.

yes pretty calm today- few surfers further along the beach - they might have been expecting more

Nice! What’s the temperature in this season?

at present in Sydney temperature range is around 4 degrees through to 16 degrees
elsewhere in NSW its reached less than zero and the ski fields are prospering this season

3 Likes

The Castello di Modanella about 20km from Siena, reasonably early in the morning (it was a lot darker than it looks!)

18 Likes

Exactly! With a view of Vergisson in one direction, and Mont Blanc in the other.
I’ve walked up before but it was grey and cloudy that time. Much nicer on Saturday!

11 Likes

A few pix from being out and about today.
In the first you can just see El Hierro in the distance about 55 miles away.

"El Hierro was used in various parts of Europe for more than 500 years as the prime meridian, especially outside of the future British Empire. By the 2nd century CE, Ptolemy already considered a definition of the zero meridian based on the westernmost piece of land in the (known) world, giving a few maps with only positive, eastern longitudes.

9 Likes

This is a window in the church in Barbizon. I was rather taken with the play of light on the sill.

16 Likes

Toeing the line

30 Likes

22 Likes

15 Likes

14 Likes

27 Likes