Nice Photos

Is it just me that would rather see a Buccaneer than a Vulcan?

Lol… it would have been…

1 Like

Definitely. I worked on them for a year. A brute.

1 Like

My favourite redshank picture from last week on the River Deben… overcast evening, however sun was setting - so it cast an attractive filtered colour onto the still water…

18 Likes

Scaffolding and sky

11 Likes

In the morning, the view from the cabin to Dubai

8 Likes

King’s pipers

16 Likes

nice - I have captured a similar image - but it was night lit up - I prefer your version with natural light

Thank you.

I was just wandering around while wifey was having her head sharpened, trying out my new prime lens. Next time I go, I’ll have a better feel for what the lens does, I hope.

Ah, the mighty Vulcan. My father was a doctor in the RAF, so I grew up to the sound of the ‘Vulcan howl’ as the planes flew low overhead. The noise from their four Rolls Royce Olympus engines alone would be enough to persuade you not to mess with them.

Is XH558 still serviceable to fly today?

Great that they got to see active service in the mighty Operation Black Buck right at the end of their operational life.

No.

And it’s a very sore point, what has happened to it, and all the money, since it stopped flying October 2015.

That is a great shame. The 'plane is/was part of our history.

It was on borrowed time from the start of its time under civilian ownership. It might even end up being cut up by the scrappy now.

Anyway, if hearing the howl is what you’re after, there are at least two ‘fast taxy’ Vulcans than can give you that a couple of times a year.

The above being one of them…

Didn’t I read that one of them ‘accidently’ took off one time?

I think that was the Bruntingthorpe Victor, years back.

Seen here ‘at rest’!

11 Likes

Victor:

3 Likes

Mind, one of the Bruntingthorpe Buccs almost made it :wink:

7 Likes

St Andrews lovely today.

G

17 Likes

Some evening sunshine against grey skies.

5 Likes