Nice Photos

We had a cruise down the Douro, lovely part of the world

When we were kids in New Zealand the mighty Vulcans would pay us a visit about twice a year.

We couldn’t believe it when they flew over our little ol town, it was magical

Almost brings tears to the eyes looking back now , those days were such fun

2 Likes

Nitpick

17 Likes

Dinosaurs

10 Likes

Who’s the Kingfisher?

I’s the Kingfisher!

High speed and high ISO at 6400 while waiting for the splash, only to be interrupted by a passer by :exploding_head: Still, amazing how far you can push it these days.

21 Likes

Some sakura shots from Tokyo, for people who like that sort of thing.

27 Likes

200 years old stained glass at the Homerton Hospital. About 50cm. The photo (iPhone 14)does not do it justice(click on image for better details ). Beautiful colours.
It is Easter after all.:sunglasses:

9 Likes

Shadows and sunlight inside Lab 1, Orford Ness, yesterday

9 Likes

St. Mary’s Cathedral, Tokyo. A 1964 classic of architecture design by Kenzo Tange

26 Likes

“Wait!”

9 Likes

Reminds me of Hilda Ogden.

4 Likes

Carrion Cruise

Imgur

The red face guy, a Turkey Vulture, is taking a right turn to align itself along the railway tracks to start his run. It is amazing the distance the vulture can cover without flapping its wings.

12 Likes

Just been away for a week with some ‘mixed’ weather. I visited the Tay reedbeds in the hope of seeing some Bearded Tits but none were about. The static shots of the reeds were not inspiring me, so I tried a bit of in camera movement to try and capture the essence of them.

Cheers,

Ian

11 Likes

Imperia(IM),Liguria.

19 Likes

Dolcedo(IM),Liguria.

16 Likes

Isola Gallinara.

7 Likes

Was processing a few leftover shots from my last trip to Norfolk on a bleak Bank Holiday afternoon here in Cornwall.

Bleak turned to outright depressing with the abysmal Norwich performance meaning any hope of promotion this season is nothing but a pipe dream. I therefore turned the images below into black & white shots to reflect my darkening mood!

14 Likes

Some epic ‘big skies’ there!

Believe it or not, pictures were taken in the first week of August!

Original skies, no Photoshop trickery.

1 Like