Nice Photos

Nothing wrong with black & white photography, I enjoy it quite a bit myself…

Highland Light ~ Gas Works Park Marina ~ Wallingford Neighborhood ~ Seattle, WA

West Beach Resort - Orcas Island

21 Likes

In response to your Wallingford neighbourhood pictures, I thought I’d share Wallingford UK, chartered by Henry II in 1155 but even older than that. It’s the best picture I can muster right now but it was one of the many times the town was being used as a film set!

2 Likes

A bit of Turkish

14 Likes

Sea,your first one is great.

1 Like

Cobbled alley.

15 Likes

I’m not a big B & W fan & often only use it to break up the monotony of colour photo after colour photo to, hopefully, grab my & any other viewers attention.

I very rarely set out to take B & W images as I don’t have a good eye for composition & only really ‘see’ in colour. I can’t compose in B & W. In my opinion, composition is important in all photography, but especially vital in B & W.

Having said that, I have often found that when a colour photo turns out not quite as good as I thought I saw through the view finder, a B & W conversation can make for a more interesting image.

I believe that to be the case in the images I posted & in your own here. Like mine, I feel yours in colour are little more that competent ‘record shots’. They create more interest in B & W, probably because the brain is not use to viewing in B & W & an unfamiliar rendition of an image subconsciously demands more attention & scrutiny.

1 Like

Its that 9F again…

13 Likes

Light at the end of the tunnel

9 Likes

Its spring, and high tides - and the local Deben Yacht Club have competitions on the river - this was one of my favourites from Easter Sunday.

9 Likes

Years ago, when my son was about 5 and Thomas and Friends was everything to him, we went to Toddington near Cheltenham to see the G+WR. They had one of these pulling a line of wagons away down the valley, tender first, a plume of steam and smoke shooting upwards and it was an amazing site. So historic to see yet this was something within living memory for many people. Probably I was my son’s age at the time it was happening ‘for real’.

1 Like

@Simon-in-Suffolk - Again - excellent shot - is hat the 800mm again ?

The BR Standard 9F at the Great Central is getting towards the end of its 10 year Boiler ‘ticket’ - about a year or less left now (which is probably why its previous owner wanted to sell it…).

So if you want to see it… Get to the GCR soon…!!!

1 Like

I enjoy working with black and white photography as well as color. Walks along winter beaches or trails in the forest, a visit to a museum or farmers market. I still carry a camera with me but will confess the motivation to process everything or even anything that I shoot has diminished. I still get pleasure in framing and capturing the image, the motivation to select and process the images has vanished. Perhaps someday it will return.

Winter Trees at Golden Gardens Park ~ Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

…or indoors.

Boeing Seaplane at the Museum of History & Industry (MOHAI) ~ South Lake Union Neighborhood ~ Seattle, WA

Farmers Market ~ Portland, OR

Farmers Market ~ Portland, OR

I usually walk around with my Leica Monochrome or with my Leica MP. Still have a couple of medium format cameras film cameras and assortment of other film and digital cameras that I should move on. Life is sweet…

25 Likes

Londinium

G

12 Likes

Ian - it is indeed - on a mono pod this time.

1 Like

Fishermen

Cheers,

Ian

11 Likes

Rural Perthshire

Cheers,

Ian

13 Likes

Love that top photo says everything without saying anything :+1:

Thanks Pete.

1 Like

I like the top photo as well - I like the soft framing from the tree guiding you into a tranquil scene