Nice Photos

Know that view very well.

1 Like

Our daughter’s in-laws live in Canmore. We visit them quite a lot and must have stood at that junction, or nearby, in Banff a hundred times, looking at Cascade and never tired of it.

Actually, we must have stood a hundred times at so many wonderful places from California to Alaska and Calgary to Tofino - it’s impossible to choose a favourite.

2 Likes

It was a bit chilly but not too bad for this area, about -5. Went skating on Lake Louise followed by a dip in the hot springs to warm up at the end of the day.

Canmore is a really nice little mountain town. I’d love to live there but it really pricey!! Most expensive town in Alberta actually so we have settled in Calgary which isn’t bad since it’s just over an hour away.
I love Tofino too by the way. Used to live in Vancouver and used to take a few trips there every summer in my VW van to go surfing. (or attempt to surf) Actually got married there on Chesterman Beach. Wish I could live there too but it’s about expensive as Canmore.

Yesterday was an absolutely stunning day in the mountains. I climbed my 150th and 151st Corbetts and did not encounter another soul all day. After a week of settled weather, today, it is blowing a hoolie and there is snow forecast for the mountains - Spring in Scotland!

Corbett 150, Beinn na h-Eaglaise (L) with the Munro, Beinn Sgritheall, to the right.

View back from the summit of Corbett 151, Beinn nan Caorach

Cheers,

Ian

26 Likes

Slate roof.

17 Likes

G

18 Likes

Love your work Graeme!

Congratulations…

2 Likes

Wow! :smiley:

I loved the alignment of the elements leading to this image; the trees, the ruin, the sun in just the right place, the cloud formation and the way the light highlighted the greenness of the grass.

Cheers,

Ian

25 Likes

Great work Graeme good luck. :+1:

1 Like

A beautiful day yesterday hiking in Val Sesia.We found a lovely side valley called Val Mastallone we have never been before.

15 Likes

11 Likes

12 Likes

A bit of history.Vincenzo Lancia founded his factory in Turin in 1906.He was born in Fobello,very close to the places I’m showing in these photos.He also purchased a villa,1824 meters above sea level.Here is a pic of what remains of it.

11 Likes

Some recent pics.

27 Likes

Starting to get a little chilly in the foothills

23 Likes

De Lane Lea Studios

5 Likes

I have just discovered this thread and there’s some great photos. Have not seen them all yet but I offer these

6 Likes