Nice Photos

Sculpture by our local beavers :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Nice linear walk from Dovedale to Milldale and back today.

10 Likes

One of my favourites. There’s a circular walk you can also do crossing the fields behind the Izaak Walton and eventually dropping down into Milldale from the other end. I’d start early in the morning and try to get back to that Hotel in time for a steak and kidney pie, or similar.

1 Like

Thanks CJ,we’re only in the area until Friday morning,but do plan to return,probably next year,so will make a note of that walk,cheers.

1 Like

A view of the coastal path we have just walked between Lee and Morte Point in North Devon. If you find yourself in Lee, do stop for lunch at the Grampus Inn - fabulous pub

9 Likes

The long and winding road.

Cheers,

Ian

25 Likes

I was in Buxton a few years back when the kids were young and in the Pizza Express near the Grand Hotel. Opposite was the office of Brooke-Taylor’s the solicitors and Tim Brooke-Taylor’s family. It’s a great town if you are in the area and the other place I like is Miller’s Dale with its viaducts.

Have visited Buxton several years ago,cute place,stayed in the Grand and went to see Leo Sayer in the theatre,he was surprisingly good,off to Bakewell tomorrow,good record shop there,Music on the Green, always worth a look in.

1 Like

Nice area. We considered buying The Mill House in Lee Bay about 23 years ago. It was quite an interesting and exciting house. It is right on (sometimes in) the foreshore there. It has a mezzanine bedroom overlooking the sea, which I believe sometimes came knocking on the windows.

1 Like

Tonight’s sunset wasn’t too bad.

Cheers,

Ian

41 Likes

Er, wow! Where is that?
Tim

Hi Tim,

Nairn, near Inverness, last night.

Cheers,

Ian

Nice part of the world, thanks.

Tim

Starling with caterpillar

17 Likes

Did a twelve mile walk today from Woolacombe to Baggy Point, Croyde, Staunton Sands and then back to Croyde and then Woolacombe. Some amazing g views.
Looking back at Woolacombe from Baggy Point:

A view of Staunton Sands:

17 Likes

Imgur

It is obvious that she was wishing to also have a camera to capture the inconsiderate guy who was interrupting her peaceful afternoon.

19 Likes

Excellent - I can make out my home town in that pic.

5 Likes

:+1:

It’s a nice area. Did you venture into the dunes?

Not on this occasion but have done previously - an amazing area