Nice Photos

Very clever.

Not this weekend! The blackflies are out in force!

Some Berlin walls.

14 Likes

Kistefoss art museum. Jevnaker, Norway.

25 Likes

You can get one of these yourself apparently, offers in the region of £80K…

9 Likes

Not as if you’re short of places to sit if you haven’t got one…

9 Likes

Shot earlier this year; two pairs of wigeons (thanks for the correction @IanF ) fly by a roe deer on the banks of the river Deben at Melton, Suffolk

11 Likes

Taken in April as sun was getting low - with a long telephoto lens to compress the depth of field - I like this image as it summarises the rustic and hardy feel of house boat living. On the Deben again at low tide

12 Likes

Nice area, I wandered around Fort Casey and that area back in spring '98. Very pleasant memories of a happy day thanks for reminding me.

2 Likes

Squatters!

7 Likes

Good morning!

21 Likes

The lake from the shore!

8 Likes

Local Bee!

Local Bee

30 Likes

If you make it back to Whidby Island take the ferry over to Port Townsend where the the film ‘Officer and a Gentleman’ was filmed. You would recognize the motel building, the bar and the scenes filmed at Fort Worden. It is another frequently visited day trip area that my wife and I visit.

Photo taken from Fort Casey of tug boat on the Admiralty Straight with Port Townsend on the Olympic Peninsula in the background.

15 Likes

Thank you for the advice and picture. Is that a pulp/paper mill in the picture similar to the one Debra Winger worked in?

Yes there is a Paper Mill located right next to Port Townsend. Fort Warden State Park is not in view being located on the northern and western side of Port Townsend is also home to ‘Copper Canyon Press’ which publishes Poetry. They also have a Non Profit organization called ‘Centrum’ which hosts week long writing seminars at the Fort as well as ‘Blues’ and ‘Jazz’ weeks were individuals can workin in classes with a musician along with work shops for six days and play together in the evenings. Same with writing where 10 students will work with a published author for 2.5 hours in the morning, workshops in the afternoon, and spend time writing or going to readings in the evenings. A small town in a remote location but attracts a lot of artists, writers and musicians.

As a side note the bar featured in the film was open for many years before and after the film was released but is now some sort of boutique store. Still plenty of food/drink options in town.

1 Like

Congratulations on the exhibition Graeme. Let me know exactly when nearer the time and I’ll pop up to view it.

Very good- can you share how you took this shot ?

Oops. You said that word. :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’d love to go back at some point!