Nice Photos

A tangent but this may be of use to some who don’t already know.

I wanted to edit a couple of objects from my Wells pics, so opened up photoshop (which is pretty much all I use it for these days).

The ‘new features’ window popped up and happened to highlight a new ‘Remove’ tool.

Thought I’d give that a try, not expecting very much in the way of results and had some time aside to do a proper job after trying and discarding it anyway.

Well, colour me impressed. What kind of sorcery and witchcraft is this?!

Pretty damn smart. And quick too.

Though I am conflicted of course, all this time spent figuring out and improving my preferred workflow gone, literally at the click of a button.

Progress I guess…

Hello and thanks.

OM Digital Solutions OM1 with Olympus 60 mm F2.8 Macro lens at 1/4000 sec F2.8.

This is my ongoing experiment to see how I can get bees in flight, it was nice and sunny and I have a shrub they seem to like. The photo itself was imported into Lightroom Classic and then processed with Topaz Photo AI and then I tweaked the settings to push the detail and texture as I wanted to see what parts of the Bee would stand out and which parts were reflected in the sun. It’s probably a bit too over processed but I want to try out different methods to get some consistency in both photo technique and improve my skills treading the thin line between enhancing the photo and overdoing the development. My ideal is to get some detailed pictures of bee’s flying towards the camera and am practising to get a good picture of the Hummingbird Moth when it appears.

Cheers

Tim.

Thanks Tim, the photo appears to have good depth of field on the bee, which is always a challenge on macro I find, unless you stack… a bit tricky for a bee in flight… so surprised at f/2.8 but it appears to have worked… the eye and hairs on its body seem good… perhaps your secret was having it parallel to your lens…
Anyways great shot

1 Like

The micro four thirds system gives an over exaggerated depth of field so on a full frame this probably would amount to F5.6. However, this macro lens gets me too close and the bee’s start to get a bit annoyed, so as an alternative I’m going to try out my full frame Pentax K1 II with a Sigma 180mm F3.5 and see what happens.

Tim

Brilliant… please share when you have done it. Looking forward to the main butterfly season this year… I will try with my 105mm macro ff lens for details this year…

1 Like

I will do. The V&A shop will be selling my book too. All for a good cause if you feel so inclined.

And thanks!

G

1 Like

Taken a year ago. I guess every happy snapper like me takes a photo of the Wells beach huts.

3 Likes

Yes same here, I do like butterflies. I did go to the Stratford Upon Avon butterfly farm a few weeks ago and the little critters are extremely hard to photograph in flight but pose nicely on foliage.

I got the attached on a local walk in mid April, nice but a bit dark.

Tim

Butterfly and Bee

4 Likes

Great capture Simon. The birds are Widgeon though, not Teal!

Cheers,

Ian

On the way back from North Devon we stopped off at friends who live in a thatched barn in Wiltshire. They have just had it re-thatched and the master thatcher finished it off with a fox.

12 Likes

Thanks Ian, indeed they are Wigeon pairs… :grinning:

2 Likes

Absolutely Graeme.

1 Like

Power button in the clouds. Near Winchelsea Station, East Sussex.

10 Likes

The Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Blue Mosque) in Istanbul

25 Likes

Abruzzo-

24 Likes

It’s world MS Day today.

G

16 Likes

Rocca Calascio!Lovely place.

1 Like

Taken in December 2013, an early morning view of Lancing College in West Sussex,
Ooops, just realised that this is not my photo. So, credit goes to James Boardman and hope that is OK.

21 Likes

This is my photo. Wonderful time of the year at the market

6 Likes

The Corbett, Streap; a long and hot day on Sunday, but what a day.

Cheers,

Ian

14 Likes