Nice Photos

We went to Mottisfont today, to see the wonderful rose garden in full bloom. It was just so busy that I retreated to the part of the garden near the house. This is a view to the house with the Test in the foreground. It’s a lovely place to visit.

7 Likes

Near Ilfracombe, North Devon

7 Likes

Uig, Isle of Lewis

22 Likes

Watermouth Castle?

1 Like

Spot on

I’ve been to about half of the places you listed and will make a note of the others. I got married on the beach in Tofino and have been to Cape Scott at the northern tip of Vancouver Island. Also know Whistler well because I lived in Squamish for five years. Wells Gray is cool too with all the waterfalls, Helmken being the main draw. Also the drive from Radium to Banff is very nice and we stopped to see the paint pots. Lots more exploring to do, just wish they’re less tourist because a lot of places have become almost impossible to visit. Moraine Lake for example.

1 Like

Great memories of taking the children to the theme park there about 1990.
Mortehoe/Woolacombe the centre for family holidays from about 1960 to 2005. Masses of changes, but wonderful still.

Lynmouth

4 Likes

I do like Emerald Lake. Also one of my favourite places early in the morning was Medicine Lake near Jasper, has a sort of mystical thing about it for me. However, it was heartbreaking to visit after the wildfires hit the area.

Tim

2 Likes

7 Likes

Now that looks like a Russian Blue.
We had a Russian Blue that looked just like him/her as our very first kept. Lovely creature in every way.

I know what you mean, but I guess I fall into that category despite having a place between Vernon and Kelowna plus a daughter and grandchildren living these past 25 years in Vernon. She is married to a Canadian and her husband’s family live in Canmore.

As you say, Lake Louise and Moraine Lake are difficult to visit, even from Canmore it requires an early start !

1 Like

Yes, Emerald Lake and nearby Takakkaw (?) Falls are wonderful places to visit, plus the Ice Line hike which gives views across the valley towards the top of the falls.

Emerald Lake looks nice, I’ve seen a lot of pics but have never been there myself. Mount Edith Cavell is another nice area and you don’t even need much of hike to see it.

6 Likes

Publishers blurb from yesterday’s ‘Cover reveal’

‘Multiple Exposures’ by @graemehutton196

What you will find inside are 100 photographs with accompanying text which, taken together, open a discussion on the positive value of creativity for our mental and physical wellbeing.

Book launch 21st September at V&A Dundee.

G

15 Likes

You can drive right up to Emerald Lake. There isn’t a lot of car park space, but you can park along the roadside at the lake end. It takes about an hour or so to walk around the lake.
Also visit the Natural Bridge falls at the start of the access road to Emerald Lake.

1 Like

Photos from a recent trip to China.

Hong Kong:

Shanghai:

Beijing:

22 Likes

Juvenile

Imgur

…as long as the horns are shorter than the ears.

14 Likes

The view from the Loo, at 38 knots this afternoon.

Last picture not from the Loo.

7 Likes

Congratulations Graeme!

1 Like