Nice Photos

and the sea gently flowing downhill to the left?

As a retired geologist, I’m surprised you’ve not studied this strange effect at Hayling Island.

2 Likes

A few from where I am…

13 Likes

We were all 3 of those locations late July a few years ago and while it was busy there certainly weren’t that many terrorist. Beautiful place and look forward to returning soon.

1 Like

Wow very crowded. Also I note from Global News Calgary that the RCMP were checking tourist buses and I think some of them are the Moraine Lake ones, of 20 buses checked 9 were taken out of service immediately. Sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Tim

1 Like

That’s funny (not) because we saw that on the news the day after we got home after being on one of those buses. The cops did stop us for a few minutes at the checkpoint before allowing us to head up the road. Guess we passed the test! We were on the Moraine Lake Bus Company bus.

1 Like

Chablis?

Nope. But I see what you mean. The Unimog is a bit of a clue, but the clincher is a particularly shaped bottle in the first picture, albeit rather a wine geeky hint, for sure…

1 Like

Matteius Rose?

Someone was creative.

1 Like

I think I can spot „Riesling“ on one of the bottles. So perhaps southwest Germany?

Sort-of! There is one part of Germany that traditionally uses the flask-shaped ‘bocksbeutel’ (also copied, indeed, and image-disastrously, by Mateus Rosé).

OK, I was led astray by the devil in the cask, which looked a bit alemannic. So next guess Franconia?

1 Like

Spot on!

A very not-ugly place…

15 Likes

I just have to state that the photos you share and the places you visit, coupled with the wine that you are at a minimum sampling IN NO WAY make me jealous. :grinning:

5 Likes

Booked a self-catering cottage in Oborne, nr. Sherborne, Dorset a fortnight ago.

Great weather but had to put up with this all week:-

19 Likes

That must have been awful for you.

1 Like

We had a bar-b-que in the cottage garden one evening. The cows were watching just a few feet away.

Felt dreadful, we had steak & burgers…

1 Like

Just having a bit of fun in Lightroom…

Top: An orange rose from Coton Manor Gardens
Middle: Flatford Mill
Bottom: Willy Lott’s Cottage

Funny tho’ it was bright sunshine when we arrived but the time it took to walk from the car park the clouds had gathered, which in the end allowed me to edit in a bit of contrast.

Blue Rose
Flatford Mill
Willy Lott's Cottage

16 Likes

No 3, Flatford Mill?

1 Like