Nice Photos

Thank you - it certainly was quite spectacular - I enjoyed photographing it… I used a telephoto lens with a focal length of 1.12m and shot with a lowish ISO of 160, f/9 at 1/500s

2 Likes

1st class !

I had to look twice at that focal length!

3 Likes

Old Wooden Church approx 830 years old ( when built originaly ).

For those who dont know it… it’s Borgund Stave Church in Norway
The colour is a result of a charcoal/tar based preservative.

17 Likes

Nervi (Genoa), just half an hour ago.

16 Likes

‘The Royal George’, Appledore - lovely old pub on the River Torridge (North Devon)

And a great place for dinner, which we enjoyed this evening…

13 Likes

Sandstone Point

12 Likes

Soulac-sur-Mer

14 Likes

I like Appledore. Also a good place for live music - or was, before the pandemic.

1 Like

A couple of little fluffy clouds though

Lovely! I know Nervi well as I have a relative there. A nice little harbour and a pleasant walk from the harbour along the top of the cliff. Thanks for posting these.

1 Like

Highland Brass came to play at the Nairn Bandstand today. A really enjoyable hour of music in wonderful early September weather.

Cheers,

Ian

13 Likes

What a great spot for a bandstand and music!

2 Likes

The Rhone, swirling through Lyon at night, when it thinks nobody can see it…

16 Likes

Still is a good place for live music @Beachcomber. Just walked past The Beaver Inn and a jam session was in full flow.

3 Likes

Excellent - good to know. Do you know Steve Ruffe? The Dambuskers?

Know of them. That’s Barry Bix of The Dambuskers playing guitar on the left of that photo.

Oh yes - wouldn’t have spotted him if you hadn’t said. I thought Chloe Bix was great on the violin, but she left some years ago, sadly.
Imgur

1 Like

Golden Shower

11 Likes

My internet is slow tonight so it took a while for the picture to load. Wasn’t sure what I’d signed up for!

4 Likes