Nice Photos

Guessing Grenoble.

1 Like

Grenoble it is, I recognize the EMBL.

1 Like

Cambridge market this morning

16 Likes

On route to the wonderful Turf Tavern pub in Oxford last night.

17 Likes

Photoshop 2024 just came out and the Generative Fill is amazing. For a very quick example, I just took this forum’s photo, circled around the guy and it removed him and generated the whole lot in seconds. Unbelievable.

4 Likes

it’s Grenoble (France) view from “Le Moucherotte”

Unbelievable isn’t it. Witchcraft I reckon.

1 Like

Yes it’s scary. In a few years time, on this forum, we’re all going to be replaced by our own AI clones. We won’t have any say in what we want to say. We just have to read.

Yes. One day it is believed AI will be able to replicate human linguistic patterns to a standard such that even the best AI detection tools will fail in its effort to determine any identifiable difference between reality and the virtual universe.

This is when we will destroy you.

6 Likes

Surely the AI clones will do the reading as well ?
Then we won’t need to think at all.
And not have to remember anything either.
I have this peculiar feeling that quite a few on this forum have already achieved this state already.

2 Likes

Yes, good post. I wish I had written it, but I’m only allowed to read. Apparently.

2 Likes

We’ve been keeping an eye on this for last few days and unfortunately it maybe a sign of a long dry and hot summer.

8 Likes

What is that?
There aren’t any Active Volcanoes in Australia…:man_shrugging:t2:

Bush fire

Oh, of course🤦🏻‍♂️
Is it bad already?
I remember the carnage of a couple of years ago…:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Flower 1
Haven’t taken many pics this year but will recitify that when I retire in a couple of weeks. First trip back to an old haunt HK and Macau.

30 Likes

At the Yorkshire Arboretum

22 Likes

Top of “The Onion” hike above Iceberg Lake and Bow Lake north of Banff Alberta. It was a long day, 20km’s return and over 800 metres elevation gain. Worth it for the view up top though!

26 Likes

It’d be a completely different walk in winter. :grin:

1 Like

Congratulations on your soon-to-be retirement. Best regards. Jeff A

1 Like