Nice Photos

Nice view there.

Thanks. We bought the house 24 years ago. We just saw that view and we loved it so bought the house. The glazing is oak/aluminium and was well worth the expense. Just like picture frames. Changing it into how we want it has been a lot of work over the years but it’s coming to and end where we extend the kitchen and regain a lost front entrance because of the main extension done in 2013/2014. We are adding a chalet (shed) with a terrace in the garden next year. Looking forward to that

2 Likes

Wow.

1 Like

I miss Genova. Many happy times there. But the Mediterranean Yacht Show is returning, after its spell in Barcelona, so hopefully I will be back in the Spring.
Delightfully anachronistic and less-appealingly overpriced though it is, a meal in Zeffirino - Frank Sinatra’s favourite restaurant to such a degree he funded one of the brothers opening in Las Vegas - is just something that has to be done once in a while. Not least for the ‘grappa tree’.

8 Likes

Zena!

2 Likes

View outside our window earlier…Not quite so scenic but quite chilly!

7 Likes

Thank you for the beautiful words you wrote about my beloved Genoa. I see you live in La Colle sur Loup: we love the same places, I have an apartment in Antibes and whenever we can we come to spend a few days on the French Riviera. Frank Sinatra’s mother was born in Lumarzo, a small town in the countryside around Genoa, for this reason he loved to come (and dine at Zeffirino).

3 Likes

A few shots from a recent trip to Quebec’s Parc Omega, a safari-type of park.

23 Likes

Thanks for the hint!

11 Likes

Another day another thunderstorm

25 Likes

The GCR’s BR 9F, 92212, in Festive Mode, at Loughborough, yesterday - 2nd Dec’23 -

15 Likes

Nice photo of the best of the Standard Class built, and such a tragic waste.

1 Like

Now where did I park my car?

13 Likes

Where is that please?

Munich, that‘s the Olympic Tower in the background.

1 Like

The loco had been turned, since I last saw it. A pretty good test for the GC’s turntable, at Quorn.

Its now pointing the ‘wrong way’, compared to most GC locos.

Sadly I haven’t been to the GCR for a number of years now, which I need to rectify, following updates via magazines is not the same as actually going and seeing for yourself, Will have to find out what days the 9F is working and make it a priority to see it in action.

Ice breaker

Imgur

A very narrow creek. Beyond the ice patches the canoe rider had to clip branches of trees toppled by beavers to squeeze under.

10 Likes

visited yugoslavia backpacking for 2 weeks in the 80s, hitchhiking, walking camping everywhere, including Korcula – lots of stories. wonder what its like now…

2 Likes