Peaks View.

That there is Derbyshire.

17 Likes

At it’s best ? :wink:

1 Like

Nah, better here…

13 Likes

15 Likes

And this was Derbyshire on Friday, Stanage Edge, above Hathersage. Just glorious.

26 Likes

But where is ‘here’ ?

About 300 yards back and an hour earlier…Near Wirksworth.

Yeah, we couldn’t see that much on Saturday, even less today…

Ben Wyvis sunset, after a really cold day out in the mountains.

Cheers,

Ian

32 Likes

23 Likes

(Fuji) XT1 35mm @f8 1/320s ISO400

never been a street photography guy myself; but,…
Ran out of likes to offer today, so, time to contribute one of my own.
Love the spirit of such a thread :wink:

6 Likes

Random useless fact, Wirksworth mills were the major producers of red tape.

1 Like

The encircling gloom

3.12pm at a football ground in southern England on the second day of meteorological winter.

Match report: The blues had a man sent off half way through the first half. The greens won 5-0.

12 Likes

That will be handy for wrapping up all those lambs wool pug jackets, iron bottle openers in the shape of lots of things other than bottle openers, tubs of locally sauced foi gras and those delightful little hand made thingummys so beloved by Jacintha which you can buy in the high street then!

Part of the Oregon Coast.

25 Likes

It’s probably more than 40 years since we were there, visiting friends who told us a bit of local history. I think the highlights then were for dearly beloved an outlet store for a then well known lingerie company and for me a pub with Robinson’s Old Tom on draught.
When we got back to work I remembered a roll of red tape left in the desk I inherited. I was taken to task for keeping it as it was only for senior grades.

Sunday’s adventure into the hills near Achnasheen; my car told me it was minus 10 C when I started. It was certainly much colder than that when the wind hit me on the summit ridge - for the first time this winter, I ended up wearing every layer I had with me!

Reflections

The Fisherfield and Dundonnel mountain ranges

Contrasts

Cheers,

Ian

46 Likes

This is a colour photograph

30 Likes

For your eyes only

22 Likes
6 Likes